SSE 4.01 failure
I recently got a new laptop gaming computer. So, i wanted to try and get the PCSx2 working on my pretty old desktop and than just get it to work on my new laptop when i get it. I am coming up with a error that says that my cpu can't find sse 4.01? Can i fix this. Also, will my new computer be able to run PCSx2?

Computer I'm using:
Dell 4700 series
Windows Xp Home ed.
Pentium 4 processor 520 (2.8ghz)
2Gb Ram 800Hz
Radeon x800 xl graphics card
*upgrading graphics card to eGeforce 7900gtx w/512mb

Computer I'm going to use:
Asus G50VT-X5
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13 GHz processor
Intel Centrino 2 mobile technology platform
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS w/512 MB GDDR3 VRAM

Sponsored links

Your CPUs simply dont have SSE4.1 so you cant use the SSE4.1 plugins, in the pentium 4 you can use the SSE2 plugin, and in the Core 2 Duo you can use the SSSE3 one, you can change them thru "config > configure" in the graphic dropdown menu (so GSdx ____ SSE2/4/SSSE3.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I think the P7450 supports SSE4.1, but the P4 definitely won't.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Yes, that is the exact same ASUS laptop I have, and it will support SSE4.1

It's also a damn good laptop in general, enjoy! Tongue
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
OK, Thanks The dos screen does say that sse,2,3 work though. I can't get the pc to work, but i'll chalk that up to it being old as sin; 2004 i believe. But i 'm am very glad to hear that sse 4.1 will work on the laptop. That's what i wanted it for anyway. So as soon as i get that in the next couple days i will try to load it and i may be back here for some help and advice. I will probably find a way to use my dualshock 3 with it hopefully. Trying to play the old kingdom hearts 1 + 2, maybe FFX. Are there any patches for these games or do they already work? O yes, and CURSE!! the un-backward compatible ps3's.
Did you change to the appropriate GSdx plugin?
Config > Configure

See the attached image.

Btw, are we allowed to hotlink to image upload sites such as Photobucket here? Didn't see it in the Global Forum Rules, but I swear I saw a rule somewhere; just don't know if it was this forum or another =S

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Well that is what the other person told me to do and it got me closer I actually get a insert ps2 disk when i want to run, but when I run my kingdom hearts iso it shuts down because of "Out of memory!". Does this mean the HDD(8GB left) or the RAM(2 GB, everything else shut down), or GPU(256mb) mem??? I haven't familiarized my self with the rules yet, sorry can't help you with that. I can't see why you shouldn't be able to.
Check my sig for how to get your DualShock 3 controller working in Vista64. The Lillypad plugin also has some DS3 specific features, so use that when you get everything set up on the new laptop.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I can't beleive i didn't see that earlier. I will be sure to try that out. If i have any problems than i'll let you know. My laptop should be in on Thursday. No school friday, so, i will be fixing it up thursday night. So you guys cancel all your friday plans, just in case I need the help. Joke..., haha...Not so much? nevermind
Hey KrazyTrumpeter05,
You said you have the same pc as me. Are you overclocking? If so, to what? And how does it run? How hot is the pc?