SSX Tricky with horrible video
Hi- I've been wanting to play SSX Tricky for years now and thought I finally found a way with PCSX2. However, the game's video while playing is completely garbled- basically the 3D elements are mostly messed up so you can't properly play the game.

Now, I've seen video online of people playing SSX Tricky on their PC with no problems at all- perfect sound, video and speed. Is this just how it is with the Mac port of PCSX2?

I have a decently powerful system- quad core Xenon at 2.6ghz, AMD 5870 card, and I've updated the video plugin as was recommended.

Any thoughts or should I just give up on the Mac port and use boot camp? Thanks.

Sponsored links

better use boot camp, yes...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, bootcamp is definitely the best option here, especially if both video plugins don't work.

If you're just playing ssx tricky, I know the dolphin emulator works great for that series on mac in HD, but you'd just have to get a hold of the game for gamecube and rip the iso.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(05-08-2012, 11:29 PM)flurgle Wrote: Yeah, bootcamp is definitely the best option here, especially if both video plugins don't work.

If you're just playing ssx tricky, I know the dolphin emulator works great for that series on mac in HD, but you'd just have to get a hold of the game for gamecube and rip the iso.

Um... How the hell is he supposed to do that? The Mac can't read Gamecube DVDs. If fact, there's basically one ONE type of Samsung drive which can read them. I'm not scolding you, just pointing out how much torment that advice will cause him.
External DVD drives babayyy. Or, assuming he isn't friendless, I'm pretty sure the majority of first-world humanity still uses windows pc's, so he could do it at a friend's house. You can mod the gamecube as well. See? There's plenty of options.

But of course, bootcamp would be easier and much less of a hassle.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3