SSX on Tour Problems
Hi all,

I've experienced 2 problems with SSX on Tour.

1. After I finish the very first race, the game crashes (right after I see the 'Winner' message)
2. Occasionaly, weird white pixels appear in the screen - I'm guessing they're some sort of snow popping off the ground effect that isn't being correctly rendered.

Help anyone?

Sponsored links

PCSX2 version? Plugins used? configuration? bit of help here Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-27-2011, 04:51 PM)refraction Wrote: PCSX2 version? Plugins used? configuration? bit of help here Tongue

lol sorry - I'm not on my PC right now so I don't remember every single thing, but I'll try

PCSX2 0.97
No speedhacks enabled
Sound, video and controller plugins were all included in PCSX2 when I downloaded it I think (can't remember exactly which ones I use, just know that controller is Lillypad)
Pentium Q6600 processor @3.0Ghz
aTi Radeon 45XX - 512 MB memory
Windows XP

By the way - SSX 3 runs just fine and I tried enabling skipdraw hack and retrying the race in SSXoT and the game didn't crash, but the screen turned nearly totally black several times while i was racing
need to know the revision of your pcsx2 0.9.7 too, there has been a couple of them now ;p

(01-27-2011, 05:53 PM)refraction Wrote: need to know the revision of your pcsx2 0.9.7 too, there has been a couple of them now ;p

hmm now that is something i have no idea about. Can you tell me where I can see my revision number?
the first line in the console log or in the top bar of the main emulator should say it Smile

(01-27-2011, 06:26 PM)refraction Wrote: the first line in the console log or in the top bar of the main emulator should say it Smile
Ok, I'll look into that later and post a reply. Is there any more information I should post?
your settings from the emulator, in full if you can.

Ok, so I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m (svn) Oct 5 2010

Video settings
GSdx9 - Direct3D9 (Hardware), internal res 2000X2000, Texture filtering has a black square, logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction FBA are checked. - All other check boxes and options are blank.

Audio:
SPU2-X - Default and recommended settings

Controller:
Lilypad svn 0.10 (r3878) - Default and recommended settings

Oh and I'm using an ISO, not the actual disc

(01-27-2011, 09:24 PM)mfcostacampos Wrote: Ok, so I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m (svn) Oct 5 2010

Video settings
GSdx9 - Direct3D9 (Hardware), internal res 2000X2000, Texture filtering has a black square, logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction FBA are checked. - All other check boxes and options are blank.

Audio:
SPU2-X - Default and recommended settings

Controller:
Lilypad svn 0.10 (r3878) - Default and recommended settings

Oh and I'm using an ISO, not the actual disc

In fact it works (pcsx2 rev r3878) but at the end of the course, the ending screen it VERY VERY slow, but we have to wait (about 10 or 20 seconds) to pass it.
But a next level on the map will be very very slow to load (waiting on the loading screen) like if the game freezes, so we have to stop the emulator. That's a pity.
And you're right some light glitches with blank pixel appears on the screen.

EDIT: To have a real time end of course (no slow down), we have to put no more than 2x in texture Gsdx scaling !
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 3GHz@4GHz + Noctua NH-C12P | 2x2Go Patriot Extreme PC-8500 | GeForce GTX 460@Stock 1Go GLH