SVN 563
Hey guys I just grabbed the SVN 563 to see how it would run, but every time I try to run the VM version, it just opens for a sec then closes. The VTLB seems to work fine though, any ideas?

Edit: Never mind, I cant get any of the public betas to work. I remove the Ini files, start either SVN 528 or 563, and after I configure the plugins and what not, if its a VM build it simply crashes and doesn't open, and if its a VTLB it gives a 'this program has stopped working' as soon as I try to boot a game. I've even tried it with all settings at default and they do the same thing.

Sponsored links

i get the same thing you're getting, so i end up using the VTLB version. they say that the VTLB build will replace the VM one at some point anyway. also, the improvements in my persona 4 are immense (compared to the official pg release on VM mode), so i dont mind Tongue
PCSX2 SVN-563 VTLB // C2E QX6850 @ 3.38ghz, Radeon HD 4850 512mb, 8gb DDR2-1000, Velociraptor 10000rpm 300gb, Vista Business x86-64, XB360 Wired Controller
(01-10-2009, 05:25 AM)apparition Wrote: i get the same thing you're getting, so i end up using the VTLB version. they say that the VTLB build will replace the VM one at some point anyway. also, the improvements in my persona 4 are immense (compared to the official pg release on VM mode), so i dont mind Tongue

Yea it's just I can't get the VTLB to work either. I assumed it did because it wasn't crashing like the VM was but once I actually try to run a game, like persona 4, it crashes.
that happened to me with the old build but this one seems to work.
It looks like we've finally isolated the cause of some of the weird behavior the emulator has been having in recent revisions. No it's just a matter of figuring out how to fix it. Wink

We're pretty sure it's something to do with the initialization of the PS2 memory. Either some memory isn't being initialized, is initialized incorrectly, or is being initialized out-of-order. There are a lot of tricky mem dependencies, so most likely it's the latter. I'm pretty sure I should be able to fix it without too much trouble though (assuming that the meminit code is at fault, which it might not be -- we've been wrong before when trying to isolate problems.)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(01-10-2009, 04:47 AM)Silent X Wrote: Hey guys I just grabbed the SVN 563 to see how it would run, but every time I try to run the VM version, it just opens for a sec then closes. The VTLB seems to work fine though, any ideas?

Edit: Never mind, I cant get any of the public betas to work. I remove the Ini files, start either SVN 528 or 563, and after I configure the plugins and what not, if its a VM build it simply crashes and doesn't open, and if its a VTLB it gives a 'this program has stopped working' as soon as I try to boot a game. I've even tried it with all settings at default and they do the same thing.

Hmmm... Sorry for my bad english, but, initially, the same problem occurred with me: crash and etc.

I don't remember very well, but in my case, the problem was in the program's configuration. Confirm this: Is DEV9 occupied with a plugin other than "something-Null"? If you have more than one BIOS type, make sure the right one is selected (what you always used).

This solved my problem.

Another question: Do you play with ISO or DVD-ROM? With ISO, i hadn't any problem in the new beta (my plugin: Linuzappz).
this release soungs good to me , i've played SSX3 with it , without any problems ... fps around 20-25 , but i'm cpu limited Smile
i'm gonna try the vTLB version

keep up the good work Smile
C2D E6400 @ 2.6 Ghz
2* 1024 DDR2 PC6400 Kingston
ATI Radeon X1900GT 256 Mb
HDD 500 Gb Samsung Spinpoint 166 Sata2