(SYSTEM.CNF) Unusual or malformed entry in SYSTEM.CNF ignored?
Alright, So I just got done playing my Eternal Ring game, and this popped up in the emu Log. I don't recall ever seeing it before. Is it something that I should look into fixing, or am I worrying over nothing?
I'll link the Emu log into the thread for ya, and all system specs are in it, and the only thing I've changed is that resolution is x3 native, allow 8-bit textures is ticked, and texture filtering is half ticked.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 3,08 KB / Downloads: 292)

Sponsored links

This is a shot in the dark, but have you tried redumping your game. I may be waaayyy off here but I thought that file was a part of the disc image itself and if it is damaged then a redump may fix that.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
That file tells the ps2\pcsx2 which is the main executable file(the S***_***.**)
You can still play the game even if that file is missing\damaged but it requires extra procedures.

This problem seems similar but it was fixed long ago
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Jak-And-D...ng-because
You are in Win 7. Have you tried installing PCSX2 in a location that you have full control over? For example, not Program files, but somewhere like My Docs. It is possible that there are conflicting permissions or a damaged file here. Try redownloading and reinstalling on your My Docs folder and see if that helps.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I don't really care about always using the newest,I update only if I feel like it since I don't use pcsx2 to play games.
Currently I'm using pcsx2 1.0.0 and some newer plugins because there are some problems with some games when you use the plugins that comes with 1.0.0(Mana Khemia 2,Tales of Destiny DC an so on)