Samurai Warriors / Dynasty Warriors XL Import
Hi there,

I have seen alot of threads about solutions but none have worked for me (or i am probably doing something wrong).
I want to import my samurai warriors data to the samurai warriors xl game but disc swapping doesn't work and gives you an error saying the wrong disc has been inserted.
Any solutions? I have read about a solution where you merge all the files from both discs into a separate ISO but when i tried it, It takes about 15 minutes searching for 'Layer 1' and when it finishes, the game loads normally but only for the first part where you get a message in game that asks you to use easy difficulty. When you say yes / no, you get a black screen with no noise and it stays like that.

Sponsored links

which dynasty warriors?
(04-25-2016, 05:10 PM)willkuer Wrote: which dynasty warriors?
As he said: "samurai warriors data to the samurai warriors xl".
Well in the title he is still talking about both series. Samurai Warriors has according to compat list 2 games and dynasty warrior has 4.

According to this - I would say - trustworthy post SW and most DW work both fine with the merging method. However DW 2 requires a pnach as the merge function doesn't seem to work.

So where is the problem to ask which game he really would like to play?
I was talking about samurai warriors but included dynasty warriors since it also has the import option which doesnt work through disk swapping. I wrote it incase anyone who has solutions for dynasty warriors could help someone with samurai warriors (since they both have the import option with Xtreme Legends).

I am talking about samurai warriors 1, i want to see if there are any solutions / workarounds to the import option since disk swapping doesnt work and gives you the 'wrong disc has been insterted' error.

I have tried merging the 2 Iso into 1 but it doesnt work for me or atleast i dont think i am doing it correctly since others claim it works for them.
(04-25-2016, 05:21 PM)FlatOut Wrote: As he said: "samurai warriors data to the samurai warriors xl".

When i merge the 2 iso files together i create an iso using img burn and mount it using power iso but that thread asks me to load it as plugin and when i do that and click boot, it gives me a 'pcsx2 not responding' and it stops.
I don't think you need to use the plugin. I can not exactly remember the 10 steps to success but i think it was like:
1. dump vanilla -> v.iso (using imgburn)
2. dump xl -> x.iso
3. copy all content from v.iso into a folder
4. copy all content from xl.iso in the same folder and don't overwrite files (or was it the opposite... I dont remember)
5. create an iso out of the folder with the combined data -> c.iso (using imgburn)
6. run pcsx2 with v.iso (internal iso loader and not plugin)
7. go ingame to extended loading functionality
8. while asked to change disk switch to c.iso
9. after loading extended content switch back to v.iso
(04-26-2016, 11:22 PM)willkuer Wrote: I don't think you need to use the plugin. I can not exactly remember the 10 steps to success but i think it was like:
2. dump xl -> x.iso
4. copy all content from xl.iso in the same folder and don't overwrite files (or was it the opposite... I dont remember)
5. create an iso out of the folder with the combined data -> c.iso (using imgburn)

I already tried something similar to this but i guess i can try it again. Its really late right now for me so i will make sure to try it asap and tell you the results.
Also i want to ask if there are preferred settings / settings which you need to make this work for pcsx2 for example the bios used or the pcsx2 version.
(04-27-2016, 01:08 AM)Flame Wrote: for example the bios used
the one from your own PS2 console.
Quote:or the pcsx2 version.
latest stable
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-26-2016, 11:22 PM)willkuer Wrote: I don't think you need to use the plugin. I can not exactly remember the 10 steps to success but i think it was like:
2. dump xl -> x.iso

Wanted to ask a few questions about this. Arnt you supposed to run the 'x' iso because its the xtreme legends one and this is where you are required to import things from the vanilla one, not the other way round. Also just wanted a quick explanation on step 7, not sure what you mean by it.