San Andreas keeps crashing on a certain mission
To understand it better: Is it just the game freezing or is the emulator crashing? If the emulator itself crashes, you should find a .txt crash file in your PCSX2 folder. You could then post them here like the emulog. This mission seems to have a known bug, but your issue is slightly different. Hmm, then unfortunately i do not know any further. Does it work without widescreen patch (without all cheat patches) and in the software renderer with all default settings?

Sponsored links

(01-18-2024, 07:32 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Click "verify" on the properties screenshot

Thanks, I did it and now this is what appears:

[Image: XSYiB5g.png]

(01-18-2024, 07:40 PM)Khi Wrote: To understand it better: Is it just the game freezing or is the emulator crashing? If the emulator itself crashes, you should find a .txt crash file in your PCSX2 folder. You could then post them here like the emulog. This mission seems to have a known bug, but your issue is slightly different. Hmm, then unfortunately i do not know any further. Does it work without widescreen patch (without all cheat patches) and in the software renderer with all default settings?

I've never used cheats or widescreen patches, but I tried now to do the mission with the default settings and yes, it still happens.

EDIT: I've tried it again, having clicked on "Verify", default settings, no cheats, no patches... It still happens.
(01-18-2024, 08:44 PM)PS2Bot Wrote: I've never used cheats or widescreen patches, but I tried now to do the mission with the default settings and yes, it still happens.

Code:
[    5.6409] Found 3 game patches in SLUS-20946_2C6BE434.pnach.
[    5.6410] Enabled patch: Widescreen 16:9
[    5.6410] OSD [LoadPatches]: 1 game patches are active.
At least the first time you used cheat patches.

Code:
[    4.6864] BIOS Found: Europe  v01.60(04/10/2001)  Console 20011004-175839
Code:
[    4.6895] isoFile open ok: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\PCSX2\games\Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas (USA) (v3.00).iso
You have a european PlayStation 2 and an NTSC/U game?

So the same thing happens with the software renderer? Then try to create a proper bug report here for the PCSX2 developers. It is important that you read this first so that the bug report has its purpose. Then you can only wait for an answer.
(01-18-2024, 09:09 PM)Khi Wrote:
Code:
[    5.6409] Found 3 game patches in SLUS-20946_2C6BE434.pnach.
[    5.6410] Enabled patch: Widescreen 16:9
[    5.6410] OSD [LoadPatches]: 1 game patches are active.
At least the first time you used cheat patches.

Code:
[    4.6864] BIOS Found: Europe  v01.60(04/10/2001)  Console 20011004-175839
Code:
[    4.6895] isoFile open ok: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\PCSX2\games\Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas (USA) (v3.00).iso
You have a european PlayStation 2 and an NTSC/U game?

So the same thing happens with the software renderer? Then try to create a proper bug report here for the PCSX2 developers. It is important that you read this first so that the bug report has its purpose. Then you can only wait for an answer.

I don't remember having activated wide screen patches, like never...

But anyways, I've now deactivated widescreen patches, made sure that the BIOS was NTSC/U and it still happens.

So I think the only option I have is to do what you said, posting this as a proper bug report.

Though San Andreas is a famous game, I'm surprised that if this has something to do with running it on PCSX2 nobody has reported it untill now.
So you have two different PlayStation 2's? Yes, try it with a bug report...
(01-18-2024, 10:03 PM)Khi Wrote: So you have two different PlayStation 2's? Yes, try it with a bug report...

I'm playing it on PC, through the emulator, though I do own an original PS2 copy of San Andreas.
But no real console ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-19-2024, 12:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: But no real console ?

Oh, no, no, I do have a real console, the same one that my parents bought me as a present for my 12th birthday, somehow that old thing still works, I even have a CRT TV where I could play it, sometimes, mostly in Summer, I do, to remember old times more accurate playing the real thing.

But generally for convinience and better quality and better options I just prefer using PCSX2 on my PC.
i see

Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.

You may appeal this decision by proving that you own the item in question and disposing of any pirated copies. Staff will want to see some visual proof that you own the item (E.g. A picture of the item with your forum username and the current date on a sticky note next to it).
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go