Save State Hex editing?
(07-18-2011, 11:20 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Hmm you mean your save state loads correctly, but the game doesn't want to save on memory card? Then it's a corrupted memory card, the state of memory cards isn't really saved inside savestate and actually using save/load state when memory card is used can corrupt it(probably that's why they reload when loading SS). The question if corrupted memory card can be fixed is other thing, requires knowledge of the format itself, probably memory cards get corrupted mostly while writing some headers or index soo it's possible the actual data still exist inside and could be manually cut out from inside, just programs like mymc crashes while trying to read something on the way.

the problem is that its seem the game(disgae) actually save some index of the memory card when i do the ss, why i say this? cause it doesnt matter that i made a new memory(the new memory works just fine, i can even make a new save state, load that ss and save with out problem) cause after i load the old save state the game seems to search for the old memory when i try to save, make it impossible(the game dont find the memory card even when the new one is activated and working fine), so thats why i was thinking in doing the edit of the ss, trying to find and change the id of the memory or something like that, about trying to rescue the info in the corrupted memory, like u say mymc crash after load the ps2 file.

Sponsored links

Well when the SS was made while memory card was inserted/in use then parts of it that are used are over SS, but then again if you can load that SS then leave that save menu completely, save the game in new SS, reload it with new memory card inside it should allow you to save it normally again over that new memory card or soo I guess.
Hmm and for that corrupted memory card, you still have it? One that crashes inside mymc?Tongue If you do, maybe upload it somewhere along with one from same game that works fine with mymc. I could try to mess around inside couse I was always curious if it's possible to get saves back from corrupted memory card, just none ever corrupted for me.:[
I think I've experience something like this but not on that game.
Just keep trying Esc=>System=>Resume and Config=>Memory cards=>Ok until pcsx2 finally find the cards/understand that the cards are plugged

This problem is maybe because of the Auto Eject function...if the memory card state in the save state don't mach the the real memory card state,the card will be ejected to avoid problems(like deleting something that it's not supposed to)but when you do the above,after a couple of times pcsx2 will load the card like you are plugging a new card with saves and will not delete something that is not supposed to)
(07-18-2011, 12:13 PM)vsub Wrote: I think I've experience something like this but not on that game.
Just keep trying Esc=>System=>Resume and Config=>Memory cards=>Ok until pcsx2 finally find the cards/understand that the cards are plugged

This problem is maybe because of the Auto Eject function...if the memory card state in the save state don't mach the the real memory card state,the card will be ejected to avoid problems(like deleting something that it's not supposed to)but when you do the above,after a couple of times pcsx2 will load the card like you are plugging a new card with saves and will not delete something that is not supposed to)

Thanks was like u say, have to do it a little diferent, using the eject-insert in the memory options and voila the save is working again, thats for the help vsub and miseru99.