Save State to Memcard?
I've been playing through FFX and saving my progress with save states which I know is not a great thing to do. In an attempt to transfer the save state from my computer at school to my laptop I take home, it seems that I've made the save state inoperable on both machines. I sent the save state files via google drive to myself, but when I place them in the save state folder and attempt to load them on PCSX I get this message

Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Users\Alex\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-20312 (BB3D833A).02.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate uses an unknown savestate version.
(PCSX2 ver=9a0a0000, state ver=9a080000)(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

I understand that the save states from specific versions of PCSX do not work on other versions, but saves on memcards aren't as fickle and are much more reliable. Is there a possibility that I am able to salvage this savestate by importing it onto a memcard and how would I go about doing this?

Sponsored links

(12-19-2015, 05:50 AM)AlexCasey Wrote: I've been playing through FFX and saving my progress with save states which I know is not a great thing to do. In an attempt to transfer the save state from my computer at school to my laptop I take home, it seems that I've made the save state inoperable on both machines. I sent the save state files via google drive to myself, but when I place them in the save state folder and attempt to load them on PCSX I get this message

Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Users\Alex\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-20312 (BB3D833A).02.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate uses an unknown savestate version.
(PCSX2 ver=9a0a0000, state ver=9a080000)(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

I understand that the save states from specific versions of PCSX do not work on other versions, but saves on memcards aren't as fickle and are much more reliable. Is there a possibility that I am able to salvage this savestate by importing it onto a memcard and how would I go about doing this?

See this line: (PCSX2 ver=9a0a0000, state ver=9a080000)

That's a state version mismatch. You need to load it with the version you made it with.

The only way to get it on a memcard is to load it with the version you made it with and then make a memcard save in game.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-19-2015, 06:39 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: See this line: (PCSX2 ver=9a0a0000, state ver=9a080000)

That's a state version mismatch. You need to load it with the version you made it with.

The only way to get it on a memcard is to load it with the version you made it with and then make a memcard save in game.

Okay, I'm assuming that state ver=9a080000 is equivalent to PCSX version 0.98, would that be correct? If not would you be able to direct me to a resource where I can cross check where these numbers correspond to the PCSX versions? Thank you so much by the way.
(12-19-2015, 06:50 AM)AlexCasey Wrote: Okay, I'm assuming that state ver=9a080000 is equivalent to PCSX version 0.98, would that be correct? If not would you be able to direct me to a resource where I can cross check where these numbers correspond to the PCSX versions? Thank you so much by the way.

No it's not equivalent to that. I can't find out exactly which one it is, you will just have to try different versions or else wait for someone who knows it by memory.

When did you make this state that you don't know which version you used by the way? State versions don't change that often and haven't in a while actually.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Probably made the state during mid 2014. Just recently came back to it.
I've solved the problem, the save state was from version 1.0.0. Thank you so much for the help.