Save and Load states to keyboard
Is there any way to add the save and load states to keyboard shortcuts? It would make it much easier than having to exit full screen and going to the menu.

Sponsored links

F1 saves to current slot, F2 changes slot, F3 loads from current slot. You seriously didn't know about those? Tongue
I didnt know F2 changes the slot.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

There are some extra hotkeys with shift as well, so to add to the above:
Shift+F2 - cycle savestate slot back,
Shift+F3 - loads backup savestate from current slot(if there was any, need to have option to make them checked;p).
(09-28-2013, 04:50 PM)Coornio Wrote: You seriously didn't know about those? Tongue

From helpful to mildly insulting in just 2 seconds. There is a lot of documentation as it relates to PCSX2, it's very easy to look over something like keyboard shortcuts Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-28-2013, 09:15 PM)Koji Wrote: From helpful to mildly insulting in just 2 seconds. There is a lot of documentation as it relates to PCSX2, it's very easy to look over something like keyboard shortcuts Wink

I think it was not meant to be insulting. It was more like:
"How have you played so far without knowing this. It would have killed me to navigate every time through the menu."
(09-29-2013, 02:05 PM)willkuer Wrote: I think it was not meant to be insulting. It was more like:
"How have you played so far without knowing this. It would have killed me to navigate every time through the menu."

Closer to "I'd sooner stop playing than navigate the menus to do this" Tongue

Although I first learned of this savestate bind standard from PS1 emulators which made quick mention of it, so I can't really say anything about PCSX2
Not everybody knows the simple stuff I'm afraid, especially if you are new to the scene ;p

we used to have it written along the bottom of the main window, but after the UI rewrite, i think it was removed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-29-2013, 03:25 PM)refraction Wrote: we used to have it written along the bottom of the main window, but after the UI rewrite, i think it was removed.

Actually, the main window status bar does have "tooltips", but many times they're hidden behind the menus (e.g. for save/load state) and I _think_ that it doesn't display the shortcut key, if available.

Maybe we should allow resize of the main window such that these tooltips could be read, maybe also add the shortcut key to the tooltip when available, and maybe also add a menu item misc->about:keyboard-shortcuts, where we summarize the default keys (for pcsx2, gsdx, maybe others if requires), maybe also post a link to a quick guide to reconfigure the shortcuts via PCSX2_keys.ini.

Lots of maybe's, but surely we can do something to better expose the keys...