Save file Disappeared.
What happened? I'm using SteveRice's Ice to automatically play PS2 games from the steam library. I didn't play Persona 4 for a week, then when I go back to it, the file is gone.

I played .HackInfection just before this, so I thought it some how deleted the save, so I system restored to before I played .hack, and I still dont have any files for Persona 4. What happened?

Sponsored links

(11-07-2013, 01:22 AM)Tehdong Wrote: What happened? I'm using SteveRice's Ice to automatically play PS2 games from the steam library. I didn't play Persona 4 for a week, then when I go back to it, the file is gone.

I played .HackInfection just before this, so I thought it some how deleted the save, so I system restored to before I played .hack, and I still dont have any files for Persona 4. What happened?

What is steverice's ice? I googled and couldn't find anything out about it. It's not something illegal is it? (I promise I'm not accusing you, I just don't know what it is so I wanna check since we don't provide support if the person is doing something illegal)

Did you try going in your memcard directory, right clicking the memory card, choosing properties, going to the "Previous Versions" tab and trying all of those?

Losing a save sucks, sorry >_<
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I just bad bad luck and the save file corrupted on me.

This was what I was using: http://scottrice.github.io/Ice/

I dont have a Previous Versions tab because I didn't have a restore point enabled.
(11-07-2013, 03:47 AM)Tehdong Wrote: I just bad bad luck and the save file corrupted on me.

This was what I was using: http://scottrice.github.io/Ice/

I dont have a Previous Versions tab because I didn't have a restore point enabled.

That's a pretty sweet program!

To avoid this happening in the future(if Ice caused it or not), you could make a batch file or script to auto back up your memcards and save states before launch. Or you can just do it manually. I always, always, ALWAYS back up my saves after every play session. Emulators, PC games, all of it. That's why I jumped onto helping you so quick. I lost a really important save once and it literally broke my heart. Like 50 hours I had put into a game, just gone.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
My advice is looking at the emulator's GUI --> Config --> Plugin/BIOS selector --> Folders. The first entry at the new window is the path the emulator is/was actually saving sstates and there is the possibility they are still there.

Sstates are sensible to anything changing the emulator's memory space, even different versions/build might make then unusable, so the old advice: never use them for long term game save, always use the memcard for this.
Imagination is where we are truly real