Save states suddenly unloadable?
Suddenly I'm having problems loading my savestate. I've had this problem twice now, the first time I just replayed the whole part but this time I'm sick of it and I would really like a solution for this problem. I haven't fiddled in the settings while playing either, so the settings from the save from yesterday and the save from today are exactly the same.
When I look into the PCSX2 folder in the folder sstates I can see a savestate that was last modified at the time I indeed saved it! But I can't load it anymore, nothing happens and I can only go back to a savestate from a few hours earlier.
I remember I saved on 3 different savestates before I stopped playing, 0, 1 and 2. But now 0 and 1 don't even work anymore, 2 sends me back to a few hours before.

Sponsored links

This is why you should always use the memcards aswell, savestates are unstable and can suddenly stop working just as theyve done to you.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(01-28-2011, 11:00 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: This is why you should always use the memcards aswell, savestates are unstable and can suddenly stop working just as theyve done to you.

The weird thing is, I was playing this game on my other PC too and there it ran perfectly for days, I had played over 24 hours on the game and it never crashed on me or gave me any problems concerning savestates. I saved there the same way too, on 3 different states to prevent these kind of problems and it worked wonderfully there. Now I have played maybe 1 hour on this PC and suddenly there are all sorts of problems popping up, including random crashes of the emulator.

Also, to transfer savestates from 1 PC to another, do I just have to copy the sstates folder to the other PC?
You can just copy paste the save states yes, just make sure youre using the same version since save states dont always work cross version.
Specs:
(01-28-2011, 11:29 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: You can just copy paste the save states yes, just make sure youre using the same version since save states dont always work cross version.

I have the save state of my playing session on this PC, it's sitting right there in the sstates folder. Is there anyway I can get it to work again?
Doubtful. Afaik there is no way to uncorrupt a save state.
Specs:
Okay I just played it through again and I'm saving on 4 separate save states now and also actually saving on the memory card.
I play with savestates and run into corrupt states all the freaking time. One word: redundancy. I rotate between 6 states minimum and never use the same one on successive saves. I noticed it also helps not to state when there's a lot going on e.g. during an FMV or cutscene or something; they're usually safe to make when looking at your inventory screen, paused, etc.
Visit the official PCSX2 wiki: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/
Are you people using 0.9.7? If yes the only way I can see that can corrupt save states is either a program/PC crash while loading or if you mash save/load state buttons each couple of seconds.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
More strange that plugins cann't read savestate which made by other plugin.
Gentoo Linux x86(chroot)
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
nVidia Geforce 8800GT