Saved PCSX2 replay corrupting upon playing on regular PS2??
Most games with replay functionality do not save everything that has happened. Rather they save the seed of the RNG and every input command for every frame. For the replay to match the original playthrough the game needs to calculate exactly the same values it did before. So every difference between PCSX2 and the real PS2 can really messes things up.
Cars are 0.0001% faster? After one lap this accumulates and the input does not match anymore. Collision detection is slightly off? In the replay the car might not be able to barely avoid get the corner and crashes.

So this replays won't match until PCSX2 emulates everything very very exactly. Even with all the extra clamping, all speedhacks turned off, there are many things a tiny bit off.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.

Sponsored links

ah. i see... so the only way for me to watch the replay on my PS2 is to way for PCSX2 to emulate replays very accurate... hehe. and that can take a while, i guess. but oh well.. not much more i can do about it, though... i just have to live with the fact that i can only view the replays in my PCSX2 and not convert them over to my PS2 mem card and then watch the replay on my PS2. that won't work because of what you guys mention.
Sure, but there is a big difference between 'speed is slightly off' (which many games might account for) and '1.5x/2x/3x less speed' (which games rarely account for and speedhacks cause). So until you check the replays with the speedhacks off (you can even try replaying the already ready replays with no speedhacks on to see if it would break as on the real PS2), no point in blaming the emulator for what can be blamed on very intrusive hacks.
i see... well.. i'll try around first and see how it'll go and then come back with a "report" on it to see how it went.