Scaling Resolution problem
Question 
I´ve been using PCSX2 for some days now and I've noticed that each time I tried to change the in-game screen resolution to 2x, 4x or even 1080x1024, the game would simply go into Slow-motion mode (Native is fine but still...) I've spent a few hours modifying and configurating PCSX2 as best as I could but the problem still persists.

I actually thought my pc could handle it and was quite surprised, however it's not a very urgent problem but it's something that kinda bugs me since the 2x scaling option looks SO MUCH BETTER.

Notes: I use Balanced power plan (battery), have all NVIDA driver updates and just started using PCSX2 a few days ago. Please help me.

Games I am currently playing: Godhand & DBZ Budokai 3.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: SATELLITE P50-A-12Z
BIOS: 1.90
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8104MB RAM
Page File: 3845MB used, 6178MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

let me know if I missed anything, and sorry my engrish I'm from Portugal.

Sponsored links

for starters, use the high performance in windows power plan settings on control panel. the slow down at higher resolution might be because of a Weaker GPU. what GPU do you have ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-20-2015, 04:25 AM)ssakash Wrote: for starters, use the high performance in windows power plan settings on control panel. the slow down at higher resolution might be because of a Weaker GPU. what GPU do you have ?

I usually avoid using the high performance setting because of the huge heat (my country is hot) and power comsumption but I'll give it a try.

As for the GPU, I hope it's this:

Intel® Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M
Approx Total Memory: 1792 MB
Current Display Mode: 1920x1080

Thanks for the quick response
yeah, the problem might be the GPU. try using a lower internal resolution which it could handle fine.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
wouldn't the 745m be enough for at least 2x native for most games? joaon, check if you selected the GT 745m as the adapter in GSDX settings. Also, as ssakash said, put your laptop in high performance mode.
(05-20-2015, 04:37 AM)ssakash Wrote: yeah, the problem might be the GPU. try using a lower internal resolution which it could handle fine.

How would you rate my GPU and overall specs. Are they bad? Is there something I could do about them or? Is it worth it installing some kind of Game Booster program or something?

I guess I will stick with the Native, oh well.

Thanks.
(05-20-2015, 04:52 AM)joaonwo95 Wrote: How would you rate my GPU and overall specs. Are they bad? Is there something I could do about them or? Is it worth it installing some kind of Game Booster program or something?

I guess I will stick with the Native, oh well.

Thanks.

never get Game booster, it's not worth it for the task it's doing. your GPU is a little on the weak side but you could still maybe manage 2X native ?
- Refraction
(05-20-2015, 04:51 AM)Rassane Wrote: wouldn't the 745m be enough for at least 2x native for most games? joaon, check if you selected the GT 745m as the adapter in GSDX settings. Also, as ssakash said, put your laptop in high performance mode.

Could you tell me where do I find the GSDX settings? I am bit nab. Please be a bit more specific.

Config:Video:Core GS settings?
no, video plugin settings.
- Refraction
(05-20-2015, 04:54 AM)ssakash Wrote: never get Game booster, it's not worth it for the task it's doing. your GPU is a little on the weak side but you could still maybe manage 2X native ?

2x is complete Slow-motion, barely playable, with slowmo annoying sound. The gameplay changes between Native and 2x are evident. If only I could improve the gameplay in 2x, it's so beautiful, the textures.