Scanlines
Is it possible to add scanlines to the display using PCSX2? Is this a graphics plugin issue?

Sponsored links

Yes, it possible to emulate scanlines. ZeroGS and ZZogl use such trick to made a proper deinterlacing. But what do you want to obtain?
(07-09-2009, 10:18 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Yes, it possible to emulate scanlines. ZeroGS and ZZogl use such trick to made a proper deinterlacing. But what do you want to obtain?

I think he's looking for some kind of "scanlines filter," as found in ZSNES or Winkawaks for instance.
Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.81GHz [Windsor] w/ Noctua NH-C12P
Asus Xonar D2 w/ Logitech Z-5500
e-VGA 8800GTS 640MB 513/792 stock ; 720/1080 o/c
Corsair XMS2 1GB DDR2 PC6400 x2
Western Digital 500GB 16MB cache x2
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
---
XP Pro - SP2 - 32bit
What I want to obtain is for PCSX to put out images that look like this:

SCANLINES
[Image: AdvanceWars_Scanlines.jpg]

as opposed to

NORMAL
[Image: AdvanceWars.jpg]

There are a lot of other filters to make the image look less blocky, but I prefer scanlines as I don't like the "fuzzyness" of other filters.
erm, you are aware of the fact that pcsx2 mainly handles 3d games and not "blocky" 2d games? use higher internal d3d resolutions (gsdx) or anti aliasing (zerogs) to improve the graphical output of pcsx2. looks way better than any scanline filter Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Quote:What I want to obtain is for PCSX to put out images that look like this:
Do it yourself, it is not to heavy. I could point a function, that you need to hack in ZeroGS and ZZogl. You need to wrote a new deinterlacing filter for this.
@zero29: Maybe I have just become accustomed to it. The texture filtering method which GSdx and ZeroGS use (bilinear?) leaves pixel art looking fuzzy, but completely unfiltered tends to look too blocky.

@Zeydlitz: Could you please point me to the function? I really appreciate the help.
Look in RenderCRTC, you should look at comment "pass if odd", "pass if even". Right now odd/even frames have different scanlines (so after drawing 2 frames all screen is drawn), so if you made a fixed oddity you'v got empty lines. Better change ZZogl, in ZeroGS you also should fix shader file.

p.S. If you game is not deinterlaced, you should also remove upper if, to made deinterlacing worked everytime.
(07-09-2009, 04:49 PM)Waro Wrote: I think he's looking for some kind of "scanlines filter," as found in ZSNES or Winkawaks for instance.  word hurdle

You do know that pcsx2 is designed for 3D games and not "blocky" 2D games, right? To enhance pcsx2's visual output, try using higher internal d3d resolutions (gsdx) or anti aliasing (zerogs). Definitely surpasses the quality of any scanline filter
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go