ScpServer WORKS via Bluetooth ... but Windows can't detect it ... wtf?!
Hey there, I have a very strange problem.

I have a love hate relationship with this app, but I've got it under control it seems. I can get it to work with my DS3 Controller, and Windows "detects" it when it's plugged in (although it feels like there's something wrong anyway)

[Image: SCP.jpg]

However when I disconnect, IT DOES WORK, but windows doesn't detect it in devices and it disappears entirely ... The problem is that while it seemingly works in games, it wont work in emulators, which is causing me a problem.

I'm using Windows 8.1, when I try to install normally, I notice it says it comes up with an error saying it cant find a scpvbus.inf or something, and then it says p+p devices were not installed. The controller works in PC games, but not in emulator applications, which is bugging the hell outta me.

The worst thing is that I can't even seem to map the DS3 buttons to keyboard keys, which is annoying me even more!

What's the deal? It seems like I've missed something small thats causing this problem. Anybody got any advice? I just cant make sense of this app anymore =[

If nothing else, could anyone suggest any psx emulators that scp server is compatible with?

Sponsored links

Am I the one who's got it wrong? Is this how the app is supposed to work? Is it not supposed to work with emulators?
Your controller works for all other applications but not pcsx2/lilypad?

Pleas post first two tabpages of lilypad plugin settings.
=====
(11-08-2015, 02:07 AM)willkuer Wrote: Your controller works for all other applications but not pcsx2/lilypad?

Pleas post first two tabpages of lilypad plugin settings.

Hey there, thanks for the response =]

Can you tell me what folder the plugin settings log would be located in?
Do you use pcsx2? Or are you just using the provided wrapper for other software?

Lilypad settings are in pcsx2->settings->controller->lilypad plugin settings.

There is nothing like a log. You can find a lilypad ini in the ini folder of pcsx2. But i am unsure if I can read it.
(11-08-2015, 10:21 AM)willkuer Wrote: Do you use pcsx2? Or are you just using the provided wrapper for other software?

Lilypad settings are in pcsx2->settings->controller->lilypad plugin settings.

There is nothing like a log. You can find a lilypad ini in the ini folder of pcsx2. But i am unsure if I can read it.

Thanks for the resonse,

Sorry, I'm really a bit of a noob with the whole hardware side, when using emulators I didn't even know you had to use the plugin for emulators (lol) after trying out a few emulators, and doing some proper reading (sorry again) I seem to have found a PSX emulator (PCSXR) that now reads my controller on the config screen through the lillypad plugin, and actually emulates the game I wanted to play (Front Mission 3)

Just a software issue now i guess, for some reason now when I now emulate the game, I now find that none of my input devices work on the emulator for some reason, I cant even use my keyboard, I have to windows key and close window to shut the emulator, (boy, it's just one thing after another lol)

THe controller definitely works, as I can see the buttons on the config screen when I press them.

Any suggestions? I feel like I might've forgotten another plugin or something ... lol

EDIT: Ok, more progress, I hit direct input for my keyboard controls, that enabled my keyboard I guess, would you know how to enable my controller? Are there any other plugins required apart from lilypad? The XInput1_3.dll is in there as well, it mentioned something about an xinput dll in a greyed out option in the config box ...
Thats why i wanted to see screenshots of lilypad. There are different input api's as directinput and xinput. The wrapper you use is probably a ds3 to xinput wrapper. Therefore you need to allow xinput as controller input api.

Btw. most controller plugins require that you configure them/map keys in order to do any in-game stuff. If you didnt map keys you can not expect that something happens if you press a button on your controller.
(11-08-2015, 11:37 AM)willkuer Wrote: Thats why i wanted to see screenshots of lilypad. There are different input api's as directinput and xinput. The wrapper you use is probably a ds3 to xinput wrapper. Therefore you need to allow xinput as controller input api.

Btw. most controller plugins require that you configure them/map keys in order to do any in-game stuff. If you didnt map keys you can not expect that something happens if you press a button on your controller.

Ok, here are the settings that I have so far. The buttons have been mapped on the controller page (as far as I know lol)

[Image: Lilypad1.jpg]

[Image: Lilypad2.jpg]

Does everything look in place? Do I need to change anything?
You mapped it correctly once. But now the controller appears detached. Try to recreate the state where you mapped the keys and where the device is not listed as [detached]. Lilypad settings look fine.