ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
Nefarius, first off I just wanted to say this is awesome! Keep it up \o

Unfortunately for us DS3 users, MotionInJoy+BetterDS3 is still superior when it comes to configuration options and tilt support but hopefully that will change soon!

(10-07-2015, 12:32 AM)fapsock Wrote: Could converting these DS3 inputs to Xinput cause any sort of lag? Even as small as a few frames per second?

Has anyone done any tests shooting with a 60fps camera, comparing these DS3 to the X360 controller?

I don't know if I'm crazy, but I swear my X360 controller with a wireless receiver is a little bit more responsive.  Both are legit controllers.
I'd really like to know about this as well.

Sponsored links

(10-07-2015, 12:32 AM)fapsock Wrote: Could converting these DS3 inputs to Xinput cause any sort of lag? Even as small as a few frames per second?

Has anyone done any tests shooting with a 60fps camera, comparing these DS3 to the X360 controller?

I don't know if I'm crazy, but I swear my X360 controller with a wireless receiver is a little bit more responsive.  Both are legit controllers.

Is it only over bluetooth youre getting lag? Try over usb
Greetings,
First, I want to thank Nefarius for taking the time to enhance and refine this program. I, and as I would assume many others, are extremely grateful. Now, while the program is working perfectly for my legit controllers, I'm having an issue with my PDP Afterglow AP.2 controller, which is listed as supported. I've tried to switch the drivers, checked the box for the 3rd party controllers in the settings, and I even added the hardware id to the ini, to no avail. Now I have noticed that the model number is slightly different from the one you have listed. I was hoping you could assist me with this. I am on Windows 8.1. I've included my log files, along with my hardware id in the dump file with this post. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files
.txt   Wireless Controller for PS3_hid-report.dump.txt (Size: 36 bytes / Downloads: 153)
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 50,75 KB / Downloads: 151)
(10-08-2015, 03:07 AM)youturnjason Wrote: Is it only over bluetooth youre getting lag? Try over usb

It's identical over both, and I don't think I'm getting much lag, I think it's me being a little crazy. Just was curious if anyone had done tests.

Though I did find another issue, I have my DS4 and DS3 all set up for bluetooth and seem to be working great, but I moved about 10 feet from my bluetooth dongle to play a game on my couch, and every few minutes or so, the joysticks would get stuck moving in one direction or another for a few seconds, then it would behave normally again. Not sure if this happens with my DS3, I'll try it later tonight though.

Also, is it normal for the DS4 to use about 6-10% cpu power while the DS3 only uses about 2%?  I have the DS4 on 1000hz
Hello. I've been using the original SCP for quite some time and following a clean install of windows 10 I've tried this new continuation. Everything works well at first. The drivers install, the controller is recognised and when I unplug the USB cable the bluetooth link occurs in no more than a second or two.

The problem is, after hibernating or shutting down, bluetooth goes completely comatose. USB still works fine, but pairing just doesn't happen. Trying to manually repair (re-pair?) in SCP Server or the standalone pairing tool doesn't work, the buttons are greyed out. Only by wiping and reinstalling the drivers do I get wireless features back. Hibernate or power off again, and the next time I start up, nothing.

I remeber having this same issue with the ScarletCrush's original drivers too, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I fixed it.
Ello, first of all, your tool (and its predecessor) is the best one available and I love it. I have a quick question. I have an official Dualshock 3 that I use mostly for Steam (and Origin). Whenever I don't use the pad, I'll have it lying around my desk. I just installed your latest version, and apparently the same thing is in there as the SCP one I used before. It's like this:

When playing a game a couple of days ago, my pad was out of battery. I use Bluetooth connectivity to play. This is pretty weird, because I had charged it a couple of days before and mostly played Dota with mouse and keyboard. My pad does not normally drain this quickly. I checked the SCP monitor, and something funny came to my attention. When the pad is turned off before I connect it with my USB port, the 4 leds all start blinking simultaneously, slowly. The status in the monitor is RESERVED. I cannot turn the pad on when it is in this state and connected to my USB (nothing happens when I press the PS Button). The PC does however know the pad is connected. When, however, I turn the pad on first and after that connect the USB, it starts charging. The status in Monitor is CHARGING. Now you might think that this is only a minor problem, because it charges anyway, you just have to be careful not to forget to turn the pad on first.

HOWEVER: When charging, after about 10 minutes of inactivity, the pad will somehow turn itself off, changing the status to RESERVED again. This seems to stop it from charging, which is a bummer, cause I have to pull the cable out, turn the pad on, and connect again for another 10 minutes. Is this a known problem or is something fishy going on with my pad/setup? Thanks in advance for any answer Smile
How can I figure out if my bluetooth card is supported?

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T530. Some places list this model as having no bluetooth, but I just paired my PC with my phone, so I know I have something.

The USB connection works perfectly, but the pair button on the ScpServer is greyed out.
Are there any plans to make bluetooth work after waking a computer from sleep? I apologize if this has been answered already but I went through the last 10 pages of this thread and didn't see anything
Nefarius thank you for your latest release which includes the SCPcleaner, it so helped me to connect my ds3 and ds4 drivers.
Thank you.

For everyone including Nefarius I had one question, so you connect and pair each DS3 and DS4 control, and you get filled with 4 controllers in SCP monitor.

What happens when you want to swap one controller for another, because of battery, because of malfunction, or probably something else?
Is there any easy way of removing a controller which is in "Reserved state" and make space for the new one?

Thanks!
(10-08-2015, 08:24 PM)Dacros Wrote: Ello, first of all, your tool (and its predecessor) is the best one available and I love it. I have a quick question. I have an official Dualshock 3 that I use mostly for Steam (and Origin). Whenever I don't use the pad, I'll have it lying around my desk. I just installed your latest version, and apparently the same thing is in there as the SCP one I used before. It's like this:

When playing a game a couple of days ago, my pad was out of battery. I use Bluetooth connectivity to play. This is pretty weird, because I had charged it a couple of days before and mostly played Dota with mouse and keyboard. My pad does not normally drain this quickly. I checked the SCP monitor, and something funny came to my attention. When the pad is turned off before I connect it with my USB port, the 4 leds all start blinking simultaneously, slowly. The status in the monitor is RESERVED. I cannot turn the pad on when it is in this state and connected to my USB (nothing happens when I press the PS Button). The PC does however know the pad is connected. When, however, I turn the pad on first and after that connect the USB, it starts charging. The status in Monitor is CHARGING. Now you might think that this is only a minor problem, because it charges anyway, you just have to be careful not to forget to turn the pad on first.

HOWEVER: When charging, after about 10 minutes of inactivity, the pad will somehow turn itself off, changing the status to RESERVED again. This seems to stop it from charging, which is a bummer, cause I have to pull the cable out, turn the pad on, and connect again for another 10 minutes. Is this a known problem or is something fishy going on with my pad/setup? Thanks in advance for any answer Smile
That means your dualshock 3 usb drivers arent installed properly. Reinstall the tool but make sure your DS3 is plugged in while youre installing