Screen Flicker, Gran Turismo 4
I recently upgraded my graphics card from a 9400 GT to a GTX 570 and a new problem has occurred in Gran Turismo 4. The performance in most of the game is greatly improved but in the car selection screen (where the 3D models rotate) the light flickers, and brighter light causes a faster flicker. I do not experience this problem in any other part of the game. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am using the latest version, pcsx2 1.2.1
The problem happens with all internal resolution settings, including native and scaling
I'm using DirectX 11 (Hardware)
Interlace mode is set to Auto
Any other emulator settings I've tried (speed hacks, clamp modes) don't correct the problem

I have run the emulator, with the same settings, on different laptops with Quadro 1000M and AMD FirePro M5950 graphics cards and do not have this problem on those either.

Sponsored links

tried updating your GPU drivers to latest beta ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
or downgrading them to the 327 series or older. If that's the issue, it will probably be okay in directx 9 on your current driver.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I updated the drivers from 337 to 340 (beta) and the problem is gone. I also tried directx 9 and that didn't have the problem either. Any idea of what would cause that type of problem?

Another thing I noticed is that if I set the resolution to native I get pretty low frame rates (around 30 FPS) but if I enable scaling at 2x or 3x it runs at full speed. Seems like the GPU needs to be loaded to drop the CPU load. I have a Q9550 processor. I noticed some people say once they upgraded to a graphics card with a fermi core their performance decreased. Thought this might be helpful.

Thanks for your help
(07-25-2014, 03:37 PM)Physician of Funk Wrote: I updated the drivers from 337 to 340 (beta) and the problem is gone. I also tried directx 9 and that didn't have the problem either. Any idea of what would cause that type of problem?
It's a problem on NVIDIA's side.
we actually have a whole thread dedicated to this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Graphics-...ia-drivers
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go