Screen and sound lagging and tearing
Before you flame, i have been searching, but no one has solutions or it is not this problem in particular.

The game im trying to run is Final fantasy 12, although im having the same problem with others aswell.
This is how it runs*:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mvY3lQ-F...annel_page
*Video is particulary slow due to fraps.

I was also trying to show an error that appeared in the code box, but fraps didn't capture it;

"sceMpegGetPictures is aborted"
The game seems to stutter particulary whenever this appears.

It also tells me "Patches not found" on the title line

Sponsored links

PC specs and plugins?
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
(01-08-2009, 07:40 PM)Nokiaman Wrote: Specs and plugins?

Plugins:

Graphics: ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.0
Sound: ZeroSPU2 0.4.4
Controller: SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.6.0
Cdvd: P.E.Op.S CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
Usb: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 3.33Ghz
4GB RAM
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3

I do not believe this is a specs issue though, as it happens already at the very first intro screen (pre-rendered cinematic), before the game even starts rendering graphics.
It acts like when you have bad/interrupted reception on satellite tv.

Video link is up, the horrible sound quality is because of Windows movie maker, also the mouse is actually moving smoothly (but not in the clip, again due to movie maker) to show that even though the game struggles, the computer is not.

Here is an example of the previously mentioned errors:
[Image: Error-1.jpg]
Some outdated plugins there...Use GSdx 0.1.13 (from our site, http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn ) and the latest ZeroSPU2 (http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta).
Using GSdx should work fine (you may need to update your directX as the site states)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks, the fps is much better now, but the stuttering, tearing and crackling sound and image is still the same, it is not very playable.

I have also tried Dirge of Cerberus, but it had similiar problems, not as much graphical, but the sound lags alot.
Hmm...you should try making an iso image,maybe it's reading problems.
For stuttering sound you should enable time stretching in zeru spu2.For the tearing,try cycling through the interlancing modes of GSdx with F5
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-09-2009, 12:29 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm...you should try making an iso image,maybe it's reading problems.
For stuttering sound you should enable time stretching in zeru spu2.For the tearing,try cycling through the interlancing modes of GSdx with F5

Already ahead of you Ninja

Ive tried them as iso, same.

Ive tried the real time sound, same deal, but the stuttering sound is related to the screen tearing.

Ill try fiddle some more with those setting.

Update: Didn't seem to do anything.

Looking at the codes, i see that practically stops reading the disc whenever the graphical/sound errors appear, so i think it's an issue with the cdvd plugin.
what exe are you using and what is your cpu / advance / speed hacks settings
(01-09-2009, 12:44 AM)Mur Wrote: what exe are you using and what is your cpu / advance / speed hacks settings

Im using the regular version normally, but the VM version whenever i get the error, same deal.

CPU settings
[Image: settings.jpg]

Note: Turns out my cpu was weaker than i remembered, but it only uses ~15% anyway.

Update: About the screen tearing, i meant the kind shown in the video; boxes appearing (this happens at the same time as the sound and image stutters).

Meant cdvd plugin, not sound plugin earlier by the way.
Update: I just tried the playground version, and it works perfectly.

Is there any reason not to use that version compared to the original?

Also, how do i achieve proper fullscreen with the GSDx? DX 10 mode. My system is running in 1680x1050, and i have set set the graphics to be the same, but it is nowhere near fullscreen, and if i maximize the window, the resolution looks off.