Screen flashing/flicker like issue
Funny... I did a video capture of it and the problem doesn't show up in the recording at all O.o

Sponsored links

(02-17-2014, 12:45 AM)Eket Wrote: Think it might be a problem with my setup(nvidia seems to have some issues with pcsx2). I have seen vids on youtube with the game running great and with upscaling. They don't really list versions and settings tho. But honestly most settings are very straightforward, hard to really mess it up.

ZeroGS crashed 3 times for me. I stopped trying to get it to work.

Edit: tried star ocean and xenosaga a long time ago on pcsx2 1.1 those did work fine tho

The only issue Nvidia had was the zooming. I've never encountered any issues like this.

It's something specific to this game as you are not the only one with this problem.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(02-17-2014, 02:01 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: The only issue Nvidia had was the zooming. I've never encountered any issues like this.

It's something specific to this game as you are not the only one with this problem.

It's weird how some people on youtube seem to have it working fine though. I have asked someone to share their settings with me, maybe they did something specific to get it fixed.

I would hook up my ps2, but that is just poop on a 55" HDTV Smile
(02-17-2014, 02:12 PM)Eket Wrote: It's weird how some people on youtube seem to have it working fine though. I have asked someone to share their settings with me, maybe they did something specific to get it fixed.

I would hook up my ps2, but that is just poop on a 55" HDTV Smile

You just said when you recorded it, it didn't show up.
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Gigabyte H81M
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
That flickering issue (more a trembling) might be due to incorrect deinterlace tech being used. You might want to click F5 a few times observing how it changes the image. If at some point the issue is solved you might want to find which tech was used and force it (the option "auto" should be doing the expected, if it's not, try forcing one the techs in GS plugin).
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-17-2014, 03:09 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That flickering issue (more a trembling) might be due to incorrect deinterlace tech being used. You might want to click F5 a few times observing how it changes the image. If at some point the issue is solved you might want to find which tech was used and force it (the option "auto" should be doing the expected, if it's not, try forcing one the techs in GS plugin).

Already did that.

I also managed to get a recording of it now, but it's still very hard to see.

Guess it's time to move on. I will try again when nvidia releases a new driver, maybe that will help.

Edit: new nvidia beta drivers did nothing. I give up.
For those interested I was finally able to solve this issue.

Today I got a new monitor and i started noticing screen tearing issues with it, which made zero sense to me. It's a dell ultrasharp U2413 a very good monitor.

In any case I came across others who had issues with screen tearing using windows 7 and they said to restore the default windows 7 theme. I did that and no more screen tearing.

I decided to try suikoden 3 and the damn thing just worked.

Not entirely sure what it was ...
If you're getting tearing, that's probably because vsync is off, however i expect you to get some ghosting on that monitor as IPS panels are not designed for gaming as such, so their response time is a little high (6ms grey to grey, meaning black to white is probably about 12ms).
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-01-2014, 10:25 PM)refraction Wrote: If you're getting tearing, that's probably because vsync is off, however i expect you to get some ghosting on that monitor as IPS panels are not designed for gaming as such, so their response time is a little high (6ms grey to grey, meaning black to white is probably about 12ms).

It would seem that vsync was off no matter what I did, and restoring the windows 7 theme fixed that. Apparently windows 7 aero forces vsync ( i was getting tearing in firefox as well ).

Haven't noticed any issues with gaming, but i'm not overly sensitive to input lag and such either. It also has a game mode which reduces that by a lot as well. The colors on this screen are amazing as well.
(03-01-2014, 10:25 PM)refraction Wrote: If you're getting tearing, that's probably because vsync is off, however i expect you to get some ghosting on that monitor as IPS panels are not designed for gaming as such, so their response time is a little high (6ms grey to grey, meaning black to white is probably about 12ms).

I don't think that ghosting is really noticeable. I don't see anything like that anyway.
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Gigabyte H81M
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black