Segmentation Error? (UPDATE New error)
(Please skip to the EDIT)

Alright, so I first installed PCSX2 without really reading any of the guides. I knew what I had to type into X11, so I did that. At this point I had not downloaded XQuartz or the Nvidia graphics update thing.
Anyways, I managed to open PCSX2, and I went to load an .iso (FFX, if it matters), to which I got an error of 'No BIOS folder found'.
I thought that was weird, so I decided to completely wipe PCSX2 from my computer, and reinstall it. I did that, and then saw that I should install XQuartz and the NVidia thing. Having done those, I opened XQuartz and typed in:
cd /Applications/pcsx2/bin
./pcsx2

To which it hesitates for a moment, and then give "Segmentation Fault".
There is no other error, just "Segmentation Fault".

Any idea about this?

And on a mildly unrelated note, I have heard things about FFX freezing at one point or something? Is there an explanation for this, and does it happen to everyone?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Tried it again, somehow got past the segmentation fault.
Now I get something else.
Code:
Xlib: connection to ":1.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

(<unknown>:10271): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
no idea what any of this means, I'd love to get some help.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Sponsored links

With the new package it actually should be an .app which you just need to double click. And you do need a bios
Redownloaded it, don't know why I didn't get an .app before.
So I've opened it, and it says a need a bios.

Now I'm not technically advanced at all, so I haven't a clue what that means. I've got the iso image of the game I'm trying to run, so I figured all I needed to do was just hit 'File' and 'Run ISO image'.
The bios is like the key to the engine of your car, you may have gas in there and a map, but you have to load the bios before you can turn the PS2 on.

My problem is similar.

With the pcsx2 being a .app extension, its not a folder to which I can extract the bios file. it needs a /bin to put the bios in, hence the command line.

WHen I go to config, theres nowhere to retrieve a bios file because theres nowhere to extract it to. Also, if I open the folder where the bios is, they are all shaded and thus, can’t be selected to open.

ONCE, I did manage to get a bios loaded, but then I got what I thought was a segmentation error. WHen I tried to duplicate it so that I could copy/paste it to the support forum I never could get the bios loaded again.

THe error message was a paragraph of the same information repeated over and over again.

(<unknown>:318): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.2
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-6jQKZW/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 318 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2