Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes
Hi, this is my first time to this forum and i'm pleased to meet you all. I have an inquiry to make and that is with regards to this game. Before i start, this is my system specs.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz 2.33Ghz, 3.25 GB RAM
Graphics Card : ATI Radeon HD 4670

(If there is more information required, do let me know.)

And here is the problem, Whenever i play Basara Heroes on my computer, the FPS outside of battle as per normal is 60.00 Fps, and usually fluxes only with -5 or +5 Fps, and as soon as battle begins with the enemies, the Fps drops dramatically to 30.00 Fps ( Give and take +10, -10 ). I'm curious to find out as to how i can improve the situation as the constant lag during battle is starting to get to me.

Thank you to whomever sees this and reply to this.

Sponsored links

If you are running the game from the disc try making an ISO. Also try updating to the latest PCSX2 beta, other than that show us your PCSX2 settings so we can help you better. Also take in count the recommended CPU speed for PCSX2 is that of a core 2 duo @ 3.2GHz and as PCSX2 uses only 2 cores it may not take much advantage of the extra cores in your CPU so this could be or could be not related to your slowdown.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-09-2009, 07:41 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: If you are running the game from the disc try making an ISO. Also try updating to the latest PCSX2 beta, other than that show us your PCSX2 settings so we can help you better. Also take in count the recommended CPU speed for PCSX2 is that of a core 2 duo @ 3.2GHz and as PCSX2 uses only 2 cores it may not take much advantage of the extra cores in your CPU so this could be or could be not related to your slowdown.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

It could be related to the slowdown, but i'm going to check out PCSX2 beta. Thanks, i'll get back in a day.
also try r1398 and the latest of gsdx from here (pre r14xx are faster on some games with ati). and you'll probably have to enable at least some slight or moderate "vu cycle stealing" (config->speed hacks) to achieve stable 60 fps.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Hi guys, sorry for the awfully late reply ( Had loads of spring cleaning to do. Tongue ), but the issue has been 3/4 resolved with both your suggestions. The fps has had a jump shot to approximately 45-60 fps, thanks to the suggestion of updating the various graphics plugins and the latest version of PCSX.

Though there's a little slowdown in most battles, and i'm still figuring out how to bump it up. Nonetheless i'd like to thank you both for your contributions. If there's any further suggestions you can make to stablize the 60 fps, i'd be eternally grateful. Thank you again!
well, i have absolutely no idea how demanding this game is, but either more speed hacks or lower d3d internal resolutions should help, depends on if the cpu or the gpu is your bottleneck for this game.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
It's pretty intensive, if you consider the game has serious slowdowns even on the real PS2 console (all dynasty warriors games do)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmm... then i suppose i'll have to settle with this for now then i suppose? I don't know how to improve the frame rates for it anyway, so i suppose i'll just have to leave it there for now.