Setting to Launch Games in Full Screen?
First time posting... so this is probably a good time to thank everyone involved in this project. PCSX2 is an amazing piece of software; having been away from console emulation since around 2001, back when people were struggling to get the N64 up and running, I was simply blown away that I could run my PS2 games at essentially full speed right out of the gate on a decent PC. Great Work!

The only real problem I've run into is that when launching form ISO, the games always start windowed -- even though I've set the display resolution to be equal to my monitor's resolution. Is there a setting or something I'm missing to make it full screen by default? If I press Alt-Enter while the game is up and running, then I get full screen ... and that works until I quit the program, even if I exit full screen by pressing ESC and load another ISO. But once I quit or reboot, then I'm back to loading from a window the next time.

I'm running the 1888 beta using the late December 2009 plugins on 64bit Windows 7.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

That's basically how it works.
DX9 automatically starts in full-screen, but DX10 requires you to press alt+enter.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
There is a new option in 0.9.7 to always start fullscreen but it doesn't work , at least from my experience.
Of course it doesn't work.
9.7 is still under development.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
you should uncheck the Windowed in GSDX config, it works in DX9.
While for DX10 as dr_thrax said you should press ALT + Enter.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
Thanks guys!
Anxious to see how this plays out in 0.9.7 as development continues.

Alt+Enter works as a stop gap, but I'm trying to get PCSX2 setup on a dedicated emulation PC that's hooked into our main TV. Having to press Alt+Enter every time we load a PS2 game would be probelmatic as there's no keyboard. (Though I suppose I could fix that with a key binding program for my gamepad). The real issue is that when I press Alt+Enter, the mouse cursor pops up, does the whole hour glass thing, and then remains visible.

Until then, I'll just go the directX 9 route.