Setting up controller
Greetings.
My controller is Genius MaxFire Blaze 3.
I have the following problems setting up my controller in PCSX2:
1. I can bind all the buttons just fine except for the d-pad and the left stick which somehow replace one another. I.e. I firstly set up d-pad by pressing up-down-left-right, then I set the stick and the stick bindings replace the d-pad bindings. I've read and watched guides on youtube and people don't seem to have this problem, for them the d-pad and the left stick are two separate entities.
2. Changing stick sensitivity doesn't seem to affect anything, neither in "test controller" nor in the game I'm trying to play(Darkwatch).

Thank you for the help in advance.

Sponsored links

Does it have an "analog" button? if so, it must be on (possibly with an indicative LED lit).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Yes, it does. Thanks a bunch! Just had to switch the PC/PS3 mode.
But the thing with sticks sensitivity still remains. What should I experience after I move these sliders?
(11-24-2012, 12:40 AM)Steer Wrote: Yes, it does. Thanks a bunch! Just had to switch the PC/PS3 mode.
But the thing with sticks sensitivity still remains. What should I experience after I move these sliders?

That's a non trivial question. You may need to experiment values which fit better to your gamepad.

As general guideline, reducing the sensibility may make easier to get the character from walking to running but just a bit less sensibility might prevent it to run at all.

The other slider deals with the dead zone you can move the stick before it starts responding and the point where it starts moving by itself.

Don't be afraid to experiment, you can always return to default values at any time. just refresh the stick setting to do so.

You may want to experiment the different input methods, like Direct Input, XInput.
Imagination is where we are truly real