Settings for MKA
Hi there. I hope someone will provide best settings for mortal kombat armageddon for latest pcsx 0.9.7 with latest plugins for me and for others. I dont know how to do it so thats why i ask. My system settings are:

Intel C2D E7600 3,60Ghz
Radeon HD 4870 1GB oc 800/925MHz (which gives 800/3700Mhz)
2GB DDR2
winxp prof +sp3

So please tell me what are the best settings because i am sure i can run this gme 100% speed with that computer (and i am still about to buy another 2GB memory). I ask for these as no configuration tutorial for 0.9.7 is on this forum. THX in advance.

Sponsored links

MKA is one of the game that needs strong CPU to emulate but even on strong CPU it runs about 40~50fps. I've tried it beforeSad
Quote:because i am sure i can run this game 100% speed with that computer

don't be... as dora said, this game requires a mnster pc to run @ full speed

Quote:and i am still about to buy another 2GB memory

good for you, but totally unuseful for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ehm Jesalvein PCSX2 does run better with more memory. I noticed an fps increase of 5 - 10 when I went from 2 to 6 GByte RAM Smile
(08-11-2010, 03:30 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Ehm Jesalvein PCSX2 does run better with more memory. I noticed an fps increase of 5 - 10 when I went from 2 to 6 GByte RAM Smile

Good news!Laugh
Not sure if it's only my computer, since I also have a faster graphics card, but since my cpu is my bottleneck it shouldn't make that big of a difference. I can play Xenosaga 3 now @ 55 fps, while I used to play it @ 30 fps with only 2 gigs and my x2600xt.
Quote:Ehm Jesalvein PCSX2 does run better with more memory. I noticed an fps increase of 5 - 10 when I went from 2 to 6 GByte RAM

I guess it was a side effect caused by your system config.
in my case, when pcsx2 runs, let's say... Shadow of the colossus of GoW, it takes 200Mb RAm all the time.
never more, never less.
thus, My 2gb Ram are more than enough
Lol strange. Then tell me why i could run this game 100% speed on 0.9.6 beta 2xxx (dont remember whole name) with march 2010 plugins? The same computer, even worse GPU (i had 4670)... Either you are full of s*** guys or ... or IDK. I was just hoping for 0.9.7 settings from you as I like it better because dbz and MKDA play better on it so i want to have 1 version to play all of games.
Lordani remember that to have a fully working version is impossible, it'll always be and stays an emulator, there isn't one emulator in the entire world, that can emulate something 1 on 1. otherwise u need to buy a Playstation 2 and play it on there then it'll work 100% heh. With newer builds some games run faster and others get a drawback. No pc is the same, thus we can't really say why is the old version working better for Game A, while Game B runs crap. While with the newer version Game B runs better, while Game A runs crap. U could be a bit more thankful towards the coders of PCSX2, that they're willing to make an emulator for free for us.

Btw this is no flaming, just sharing my cup of tea ^^
the best way to play all games flawlessly is your PS2
anyways, I don't see why you're asking this when you obviously have the solution.
get back to that old version you had if you want to play it on your PC.

the emu's main objective is accuracy, not speed. Whan a new version comes, the compatibility list grows, even if you sometimes need a better hardware to run it.