Settings for PCSX 2
Hi,I just wanted to post something about PCSX2.I have second computer which is a older than the one I am using now.But I wanted for you to know how games performed on it.Here it is:Intel Pentium Dual E2140@1,6Ghz. 2GB of RAM ,ATI Radeon X1550 512MB.motherboard MSI MS-7255 M2. PCSX2 0.9.6. plugin realese march 2010.Here are the settings:
For graf.:GSdx 2693(MSVC 15.00,SSSE3)0.1.16 NOTE: if you have newer procesor:example intel core 2 or i3,i5,i7,you can put the one with SSE4.1 because it will be a little faster,
SoundWackoPU2-X r2693 1.4.0 (but hey,who cares for the sound Smile )
Controller:Lilypad
CddvdromTongue.E.Op.S. CDDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0.

So for cpu settings:be sure to enable EERec -EE/IOP recompailer, VU0 rec,VU1 rec ,multi thread GS mode
In settings for speedhacks you can use X2 speedup or 1.5 Cycle rate only if game is slower I used X3 but audio is chopy and some games will crash like Final FantasyX in some parts.Also enable IOP x2 Cycle rate.
Thats for the settings.
In Final Fantasy X (PAL) it was very good performance.Mostly around 100%,but there was some parts where it gone up to 200 %.And in some parts it goes on 50 %.So all in all not bad to play.
For Tekken 5 it was a lot slower,and I am not sure how much is playable.
FMW movie was on 80 %
in battle it was 50-60 %. (if you set in cpu options vu skip 3 images and render 2 you can get a faster percentage).
I now have computer AMD Phenom II X4 3.0Ghz with Ati radeon HD 5770.And games run without any problem.This was for all of you with low power machines,I hope it helped a little.

Sponsored links

(04-15-2010, 01:53 PM)Game Wrote: Hi,I just wanted to post something about PCSX2.I have second computer which is a older than the one I am using now.But I wanted for you to know how games performed on it.Here it is:Intel Pentium Dual E2140@1,6Ghz. 2GB of RAM ,ATI Radeon X1550 512MB.motherboard MSI MS-7255 M2. PCSX2 0.9.6. plugin realese march 2010.Here are the settings:
For graf.:GSdx 2693(MSVC 15.00,SSSE3)0.1.16 NOTE: if you have newer procesor:example intel core 2 or i3,i5,i7,you can put the one with SSE4.1 because it will be a little faster,
SoundWackoPU2-X r2693 1.4.0 (but hey,who cares for the sound Smile )
Controller:Lilypad
CddvdromTongue.E.Op.S. CDDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0.

So for cpu settings:be sure to enable EERec -EE/IOP recompailer, VU0 rec,VU1 rec ,multi thread GS mode
In settings for speedhacks you can use X2 speedup or 1.5 Cycle rate only if game is slower I used X3 but audio is chopy and some games will crash like Final FantasyX in some parts.Also enable IOP x2 Cycle rate.
Thats for the settings.
In Final Fantasy X (PAL) it was very good performance.Mostly around 100%,but there was some parts where it gone up to 200 %.And in some parts it goes on 50 %.So all in all not bad to play.
For Tekken 5 it was a lot slower,and I am not sure how much is playable.
FMW movie was on 80 %
in battle it was 50-60 %. (if you set in cpu options vu skip 3 images and render 2 you can get a faster percentage).
I now have computer AMD Phenom II X4 3.0Ghz with Ati radeon HD 5770.And games run without any problem.This was for all of you with low power machines,I hope it helpa little.

I recommend using Linuz ISO would be better. So there would be no "lagging"
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Yes,but if you have deamon tools or alcohol 120 you can mount image and set letter of virtual drive even with P.E.Op.S plugin.
(04-15-2010, 04:10 PM)Game Wrote: Yes,but if you have deamon tools or alcohol 120 you can mount image and set letter of virtual drive even with P.E.Op.S plugin.

That can cause crashes and has no benefit. If you have an ISO you must use Linuz ISO as plugin
[Image: newsig.jpg]
But I am using it.And the game never crashed because it.I know it hasn't got any performance benefits.But,it is easyier to mount than always configure which iso you want to use.I have been using PCSX2 for a year.
I said 'can cause'. So in some cases, not always. It's the same thing. If you want to change which game you'll play you have to change the mounted ISO in the virtual drive. Instead you just change the ISO configured to Linuz ISO.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-15-2010, 04:39 PM)Game Wrote: But I am using it.And the game never crashed because it.I know it hasn't got any performance benefits.But,it is easyier to mount than always configure which iso you want to use.I have been using PCSX2 for a year.

Doesn't work the same for everyone there's many people who have trouble just by having the games mounted, and it's about the same mounting the ISO than selecting it in the emulator, you just have to choose it when starting the emulation... it's a couple seconds thing...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Little off topic,how did you managed to overcloack pentium d 2160 from 1,8 to 2,75? I have Pentium d e2140@1,6Ghz and can get it on 1,7 but not beyond without restart ? 2X1GB RAM
You probably have something in your mobo not letting you go further, my E2160 actually goes to 3.2Ghz on default volts but my current mobo doesn't let it, I've overclocked E2140 to 2.8/3GHz too... I guess you could also have one of those very unlucky chips that doesn't overclock more though :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have two diffrent brands of memory slots and VIA chipset.That's the reason.I can't move vcore voltage,but evryone thinks processor isn't problem RAM is.