Setup help for beginner
Hi all, I just downloaded and installed the latest beta and plugins pack from the website. I just wanted to know which plugins I should use in the config box (for video GSdx or ZeroGS etc) that would work best for my system (specs below). There are a few to choose from.

Q6600 cpu
8800GT 512mb vga
6GB ram
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Onboard gigabyte realtek audio
logitech dual action gamepad

I would also like to be able to make iso's from my ps2 discs and play them that way, I have daemon tools installed if I need that?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

no you dont need daemon tools. use imgburn to convert your games to .iso format and open it from pcsx2.

you should use gsdx 2693 ssse3 (and that goes for the other plugins also, use the latest)

imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
usually newer is better for pcsx2 emulation and plugins and get some infoes about compatibility games by reading useful thread.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Me I use magicdisc to rip my game's it's fast and easy plus it's free
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
the same with imgburn and also all admins/moderators tell to everyone to use this Tongue, i was using magic iso but i found this easier, but still i dont know who is the strongest (example: for discs with scratches)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
imgburn is the guy to go for scratched disk but for me magiciso/magicdisc is fast and never gave me a problem since all my games are seldomly used anyway since my PS2 has a dead lens and is no longer usefull it does not have a Drive nor is it modded so it's practically useless now since cant play anything so my Disc's does not have any much scratches

MAN I'm down in the dumps today I am still trying to find a gentle way to tell my wife that Im about to lose my Job
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]