Severe flickering in Grandia Xtreme
Okay, I've got a very annoying issue with Grandia Xtreme (NTSC), a game which I copied from my own disc and was not downloaded. Here's what's annoying; whether the speedhacks are on or off, (1.5/2.0/3.0x, or none) the graphics flicker very rapidly (60fps) and hurt my eyes/give me a headache. So, here is the current setup that I'm currently using:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz
RAM: 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM
Video: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3
PCSX2 Version: 0.9.6 SVN 791
Speed hacks: Default Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack
and escape hack
SPU: SPU-2X 1.1.0
GPU: GSdx 890 SSSE3.0 0.1.14
-Internal Resolution 1440x900
-NLOOP (gray) Texture Filtering (gray), Logarithmic Z,
Alpha Correction
-Aspect Ratio: 16;9
-Pixel Shader: 3.0
-Direct3D9 (Hardware)
BIOS: USA (NTSC v01.60)
Advanced: All Default

While there is a partial workaround (by using ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1), it's doesn't help if I have to load a savestate (white screen but sound still exists). Yes, I do use memory cards and while save states load properly in GSdx, the flashing will NOT go away. I'd use the ZeroGS, but it's outdated and has the load state problems I mentioned earlier in this paragraph. Strangely enough, it runs at 60fps with no speed hacks. Any help or suggestions on how to resolve this stupid strobe-effect issue? And no, before you ask, I won't get Vista just for this one issue.

Sponsored links

Play with the interlace options in GSDX almost all flickering is related to them...
(03-23-2009, 12:57 AM)dralor Wrote: Play with the interlace options in GSDX almost all flickering is related to them...
Hmmm....some of them almost work, but, still, the flickering isn't going anywhere...dang.

[Image: flickergalore.jpg]
Ok, this is somewhat of a regression. Try and find an old pcsx2 (like some early playground builds) and/or and older GSdx.
I know that this game worked 100% once Wink
(03-23-2009, 04:21 PM)rama Wrote: Ok, this is somewhat of a regression. Try and find an old pcsx2 (like some early playground builds) and/or and older GSdx.
I know that this game worked 100% once Wink

Alright, I'll give it a try.
For me this is game working fine with very bit flicker in FMV and almost nill in game but i need some confirmation to other member who have ATI card. Please read this thread for my plugin and setting http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3661-page-3.html and i just try with pcsx2 r.791 and working fine too.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
just get the svn r836 and get gsdx 0,1.8 and set interlacing blendbff and you should be fine dont use newer revs cuz they broke this game and also a few others like wild arms 3 it became slower and it gets stuck in first battle on the train where you you fight as a team for the first time it hang after the guy throws shuriken or something
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]