Severe graphical Glitching in Magna Carta
Not sure whats up here, but here's what I've experienced so far:
first attempt at running the game (pcsx2 1.2.1) I figured it was a write off: severe polygon distortion (to the point where it was comical), entire backgrounds dissapearing, etc. didn't manage to grab a screen shot, but it was ridiculous.

Now, I boot up the game, and holy heck it works just fine? Not even any slowdown or anything. I play to a point where I've seen some other people have problems with it (Valley of Lester, apparently since there's moving water textures the slowdown is so bad it just crashes. fixable, apparently.)

So, predictably, the game crashes.

I try booting the thing back up, no change to my settings/plugins or anything like that, and all of a sudden I'm getting extreme flickering, black screen at some points, some frames freezing and layering on top of other things (interestingly, the opening FMV is smooth as ever), but! no slowdown or audio glitching or anything like that. I can get past the menu through sheer force of will, but the actual gameplay is more of the same.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M, but my computer has a secondary graphics card built in (thank you Dell), a Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (ive tried switching between the two, neither seems to be affecting the problem). It shouldn't be a processing issue either (2.6GHz processor, 16GB RAM). I've played other graphics-heavy ps2 games just fine, just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this? I've posted my settings etc in the photos

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Random behavior like that suggests a hardware problem on your end and not an emulation bug. Check if your laptop is overheating when running the game.

Also try setting GSdx to a DX10/11 renderer, it's almost always more compatible and faster
[Image: newsig.jpg]
well emulation cant be compared to gamin but, could you post screen shots of the glitches you encountered...and try in software mode
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Firstly do what bositman said then try what s.sakash said but remember no need to change any deinterlace filters!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I am actually playing this game now and do not see any issues while in Lester. Are you using any cheats or savestates?

Can you post the emu log?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
Only Magna Carta I played was the PC Version, but that was seriously slow as god knows what Tongue seems to be quite a heavy game.
i would suggest using a latest revision of pcsx2 and use edge antialiasing in software mode and disable all speed hacks and cheat codes if used....
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-02-2014, 11:31 AM)OmuRice Wrote: I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M, but my computer has a secondary graphics card built in (thank you Dell), a Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (ive tried switching between the two, neither seems to be affecting the problem).

If your IGP is HD Graphics 4600, that means you have a Haswell processor. Any reason why you chose SSE4 instead of AVX2 for your GSdx plugin? Choosing AVX2 will help your performance when running in Software mode.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
I've tried in software mode, and in both 9 and 11 to no change hahha. I'll check for any overheating or anything like that the next time I boot it up, but i'm not sure if that's the problem! Since its a really quick moving glitch, im not sure if I can do a screenshot, but I might be able to take a video? I'll boot it up when I get home from work and then post the emulog. I'll try using AVX2, also!
Maybe try the Nvidia hack in Config->Video->Plugin settings/Hardware hacks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD