Shadow Hearts - Tips for non-Software Mode?
Relevant PC Specs:
ASUS P6X58D Premium mobo
Intel i7 930
Radeon HD 5770
2 x 3GB Corsair RAM
Win7 64-Bit
HD 1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ

I'm so happy to find that since the latest SVN build came out with 3-core CPU support, I've gotten almost all my PS2 games up and running at a crisp, beautiful 60 FPS (thanks to Cottonvibes for that).

That said... While I can get Shadow Hearts running just fine in software mode, it looks sort of ugly... but if I don't toggle it on, my FPS drops down to ~15 FPS. :/ And I thought software mode was much more hardware intensive? But anyway...

My question is: What options in PCSX2 should I be using to get this game to run well in hardware mode? Thanks.

Sponsored links

Known bug afaik, either play on software mode or your ps2.
DX9 Hardware mode of GSdx works at about 2x the speed DX10 Hardware does for this game so use that Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
That's still half the game speed Tongue2

I completed this game on software mode with no problem at all, HW mode actually doesn't make it looks much better because the use of pre rendered background.
He should be getting over full speed with that i7 in DX9 HW mode still and since he did ask for a way to play the game in HW mode I can't see how suggesting to use software mode helps Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Using DX9 hw mode, you'll need a core2 at around 4ghz for full speed in all scenes.
The i7 may do it with 3.5Ghz Smile
(11-18-2011, 09:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: He should be getting over full speed with that i7 in DX9 HW mode still and since he did ask for a way to play the game in HW mode I can't see how suggesting to use software mode helps Tongue

Getting him some peace of mind. Tongue

Hmm I dunno how SH is on recent revision, but as he said he's getting 15FPS on DX10 HW mode then 2x that is 30FPS. Tongue

Thanks for the replies. I just noticed that the graphics look sharper and the character portraits look better in hardware mode. However, if the only way I can realistically run it on my current build is in software mode, maybe there's a way to make the graphics look sharper?
Can't you overclock like rama says?

Afaik there's edge antialising option for software mode but it's not really noticeable as using HW mode, better than nothing tho'.