Shadow Hearts1 running slowly.
It runs at 30-33 FPS when walking around, but my EE is 19-21% and my GS is 30%

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sponsored links

You probably use speedhacks? Or the original dvd?

Please specify your system.

(With that username one should probably not help you...)
Try setting GSdx to DW9 hardware renderer for this game, it should be faster than DX10/11
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-02-2014, 03:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: Try setting GSdx to DW9 hardware renderer for this game, it should be faster than DX10/11

I'm sorry I forgot to mention I am using DW9 hardware atm cause I actually googled the problem and I found a response from you in it Tongue
(07-02-2014, 03:02 PM)willkuer Wrote: You probably use speedhacks? Or the original dvd?

Please specify your system.

(With that username one should probably not help you...)

I'm wearing my name ironically.

I am not using speedhacks (and never have before), I am using 3x native resolution and 8x MSSA. With 0x MSSA and 2x native my FPS stays the same.

My system is

i3 2120 3.3 GHz
Radeon 7850
8GB DDR3
64 bit os
Then it is time to test your first speedhacks!
I wish you nice experiences with all the recommended tickboxes.
Try MTVU as well. Your cpu supports 4 threads due to hyperthreading. Depending on the game the MTVU hack can increase or decrease the performance.
Keep the sliders for the beginning on the initial (small) values.
Report back what you see.

Do you use the original disk or an iso?
There is a wiki entry for the game that already contains some information regarding speedhacks and known issues.
(07-02-2014, 06:14 PM)willkuer Wrote: Then it is time to test your first speedhacks!
I wish you nice experiences with all the recommended tickboxes.
Try MTVU as well. Your cpu supports 4 threads due to hyperthreading. Depending on the game the MTVU hack can increase or decrease the performance.
Keep the sliders for the beginning on the initial (small) values.
Report back what you see.

Do you use the original disk or an iso?

Iso.

I activated MTVU - the FPS stays the same, I activated EE Cyclerate to 2 and still 30-33 FPS.

Activating both at the same time still gives 33 FPS, this is so weird Sad
You have only 2 cores, that could be a problem and MTVU speedhack will probably be uneffective.
what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-03-2014, 02:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: You have only 2 cores, that could be a problem and MTVU speedhack will probably be uneffective.
what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?

My EE is 19-21% and my GS is 30% when my FPS is 30-33 even if I have speedhacks enabled and texture filtering off or on.

:s