Shadow Issue(s) with Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
Game: Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
PCSX2 Version: pcsx2 5685 (SVN - latest as of right now)
Computer Specifications: in my signature
Information:

I finally got around to starting Midnight Club again. Everything runs well (58FPS-60FPS), but the only issue is shadows don't display properly. They appear to cast in front when they should be casting from the back.

Screenshots of the issue:
[Image: w7z6sbo.jpg]
[Image: tgqGoiU.jpg]
[Image: 0bF1mOx.jpg]
[Image: L8GwZrB.jpg]
(above: notice how the shadows cast in front of the object, and how some shadows aren't properly placed?)

I've tried swapping renderers, but that didn't fix it. I also tried swapping between hardware and software mode. Software mode doesn't display any shadows at all, and also makes the quality look like garbage (as usual). I even tried to disable speedhacks just to make sure, but that didn't do it either (again, expected). There is also an annoying white blocky looking thing that appears on the left side of the screen, but that isn't a huge problem.

Here are my settings:
[Image: FcXCwon.png]
[Image: ZKnivio.png]
[Image: 0xQo6p5.png]
[Image: VdK8WqD.png]
[Image: NMZmV3P.png]
[Image: S5ILQBj.png]
[Image: V2eHRLz.png]

Any ideas are welcome.

Sponsored links

you want them fixed or out

out , just use Skipdraw hack

test it from 1 - 10

eventually it will go away ...
I tried Skipdraw 1-10 (and a few more above, plus some random ones just for the hello of it), but the issue is still there.
Bump.
1 hour bump -_-
(06-29-2013, 10:24 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: 1 hour bump -_-

Well your idea didn't work, so unless you have any other ideas that aren't useless then I have no idea why you're posting here.
I tried to see if i had the error myself, so i booted up the game.

I have no headlights in HW mode. I tried turning to Software Rendering, and then the emulator froze, spamming the following error through VC++ dialogs.

RUNTIME ERROR!
Program: pcsx2.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

It kept going until i clicked the emulator. When i closed one of the error boxes, the emulator officially crashed.

r.5685

EDIT: Started it in SW rendering this time, same error spam occurred when i pressed F9 to switch the renderer.
Other than that, no shadow issues of any sort, textures are normal, the usual down-to-30-fps when running above a certain speed. Looks ok to me.
i wonder if the game works better in dx11..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Set EE/IOP Clamping mode to Extra preserve sign or full
Set vus clamping mode to Extra preserve sign or Extra
Untick Mvu flag hack in speedhacks !
(06-29-2013, 01:04 PM)Coornio Wrote: I tried to see if i had the error myself, so i booted up the game.

I have no headlights in HW mode. I tried turning to Software Rendering, and then the emulator froze, spamming the following error through VC++ dialogs.

RUNTIME ERROR!
Program: pcsx2.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

It kept going until i clicked the emulator. When i closed one of the error boxes, the emulator officially crashed.

r.5685

EDIT: Started it in SW rendering this time, same error spam occurred when i pressed F9 to switch the renderer.
Other than that, no shadow issues of any sort, textures are normal, the usual down-to-30-fps when running above a certain speed. Looks ok to me.

I got that spammed error message too, and I'm not sure what is up with that. SW mode doesn't display any shadows whatsoever for me, and as usual makes the quality of everything (in MC3DR) look like garbage.

(06-29-2013, 03:01 PM)refraction Wrote: i wonder if the game works better in dx11..

Nope. If you swap to DX11 the screen turns black, and you cannot see anything.

(06-29-2013, 08:24 PM)Preet Wrote: Set EE/IOP Clamping mode to Extra preserve sign or full
Set vus clamping mode to Extra preserve sign or Extra
Untick Mvu flag hack in speedhacks !

None of the above worked, and all it did was slow the speed down somewhat.

Anyone else have any other ideas?