Shadow of the Colossus
PC specs:
Intel i7-4770k
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 780 3GB OC

At which settings can I run this game? Been playing around with resolution and I can't seem to find something good. 1920*1080 works but flickers. Increasing native scaling beyond x2 gives me occasional FPS drops.

Also not sure how to get around the flickering.

Sponsored links

VU stealing was MADE from SotC, use that
Thanks. I'll try it out. Does that work for other games too that flicker e.g. Shadow Hearts?

EDIT
Hell yeah, that made all the difference in the world Smile Running on 2 right now. Feels a little choppy sometimes, but using an upscaling version of native removed the flickering. Need to run x3 of native in some parts or it lags too much anyway, but that's at least easier to control.

EDIT 2
The game randomly crashes.
I don't know, I only know that I KNOW for a fact that VU cycle stealing was made around SotC
Probably because this game has slowdowns on a real ps2...
Disable mtvu speedhack and set vu cycle stealing to 1. That should do it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-25-2014, 04:52 PM)Ephemeral Wrote: ...
EDIT 2
The game randomly crashes.

It shouldn't crash. PCSX2 can run this game very stable (except for some performance issues which need a fast system or hacks to overcome) and for hours straight.

If you experience crashes, I'd suggest to try the official PCSX2 1.2.1 (in case you were using git/development builds), which could also help a bit with performance.

If this version also causes crashes, then it's most probably an issue with your system/hardware/drivers.

You may try lower resolution in case the fault is with your GPU/driver if the load is too much for it (though GTX 780 should probably have no issue whatsoever with this game at x2-x3, and probably higher resolutions as well).
Im guessing that GTX 780 should be able to do 5x native (if neccesary), since my GTX 560 Ti runs the game perfectly on 3x and can manage playable FPS with 4x (dropping to upper 30es on few occasions, PAL)

I also want to report that for me 1.2.1 is crashing which usually occurs when I switch from fullscreen to windowed/hardware to software and vice verse so I guess it could be a driver issue since we both have NVIDIA cards ?

@OP, does you GPU go silent (fan stops spinning) for a while when PCSX2 crashes ?
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
The crashes had something to do with the fact that I tried to run HD resolution based on my screen native (1920*1080) but when I just upscaled the original native it ran fine for hours. And yes, I find it a little mindboggling I cannot run this game at a higher upscaling (the worst cutscene was the introduction scene with the mask where I ended up with 20+ or so FPS) but it looks fine for most of the part so it's like meh whatever.

As for the fan question, idk, my computer has an ultra silent case and with the exception of the CPU fan that's the stock one and thus of horrible quality, I don't really ever hear my fans. And I'm running 1.0.0 (rev5350). Did run with mtvu though, since I have 4 cores. Figured I should utilize them. Also, even running higher VU cycles, I still notice lower than 60 FPS in most areas because the difference at 60 vs non-60 is just that noticeable, but it doesn't slow down as it usually would without VU. It's playable.

I'll load it up again at VU 1 and no mtvu. Let's see. Pretty sure it's not my hardware though as I've never had any issues with my hardware before, unless it's bitchy games like Diablo 3.

EDIT
Yeah, that worked fine turning mtvu off.
No, but it could be your pcsx2 version.
It's too old and unsupported.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-25-2014, 07:20 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Im guessing that GTX 780 should be able to do 5x native (if neccesary), since my GTX 560 Ti runs the game perfectly on 3x and can manage playable FPS with 4x (dropping to upper 30es on few occasions, PAL)

I also want to report that for me 1.2.1 is crashing which usually occurs when I switch from fullscreen to windowed/hardware to software and vice verse so I guess it could be a driver issue since we both have NVIDIA cards ?

@OP, does you GPU go silent (fan stops spinning) for a while when PCSX2 crashes ?

Anything above 4x native is pointless to do. You won't notice a difference between 4x and 6x native. So you can save your hardware.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3