Shadow of the Colossus !!!
(04-27-2010, 11:16 AM)eliot_cougar Wrote: For everyone who loves this game...
If anyone is interested, I've made custom versions of GSDX plugin for Shadow of the Colossus with lowered (almost fixed) bloom effects... The game looks almost like in Software mode... Sky is visible now not only like continuous white background... I can send this version on request...
You can even ask me to send you special version with "bloom" completely disabled... It looks nice too, but a bit dark... All other effects work fine, shadows, DoF, blur, underwater and so on...
Based on GSDX r2897... Using these versions in other games may break graphics in very rare cases...
me me me me !! Can I get the plugin with lowered bloom fix plz.
C2D E8400 @ 4ghz
Asus Maximus Formula
G.Skill 4gb (2x2gb) @ 1000mhz
XFX 5870 1gb
Intel X-25m 160GB SSD
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Dell 30" 3007wfp

Sponsored links

Hi eliot_cougar, i'm also interested in the custom plugins. Could you send me both versions with fixed and without bloom, please?
Eliot, did you include the old scaler in your mod as well by any chance?...

I'm interrested... could you send it to me? The HW fixed one
@eliot_cougar
Im also interested in your mod's, can you please send them (or the Links) via PM.
I'd like to have both Version of your mod so that i can decide by myself what looks better for me.

Sry for my bad English, im from Germany.

Thx for your Work
@Innuendo:
I'm not sure what you're talking about... The fix overrides the scale of the "bloom" layer and has different coefficients for native resolution and scaling, I recall 1.8 for Native and 2.4*Scaler for non-Native... It simply adds black margins for that (additive) layer... The fix works better in Native resolution... I don't have patience to tweak scaling coefficients (and the size of the border) for other resolutions...
Anyway, it's not a PROPER fix for this bug, it's just a workaround that makes the game look "better"...

I think I should ask moderators if I am allowed to post a link to the custom GSDX plugin... There's already 4 requests for it...
Nope, I'm sorry but this stuff isn't allowed for now.
(04-28-2010, 12:15 AM)rama Wrote: Nope, I'm sorry but this stuff isn't allowed for now.

Well, okay... I will have to answer to a bunch of PMs for a while then...

BTW, I have an idea for a proper fix, but I can't figure out how to "make an intrusion" into texture processing in gstexturecacheHW... At some point GSDX creates a texture from the framebuffer, but it does that not by general routine, but by direct memory copy (perfomance)... Then this "texture" is used to calculate the "bloom layer", IMO... The problem, I think, is that the texture should be 16bit, but the framebuffer is always 24bit... It gives higher absolute numbers for luminosity and hence gives much higher "bloom" effect in Hardware mode... I'd like to try to convert this "texture" to 16bit right after it is created... I know that it's TEX0.TBP=0x03d00... I don't know how to convert it... I'm not too strong in programming, I'm biologist... Smile
Well... hmm. I can tell you that it's unlikely to just be that, for the reason that DX10 already has a 16-bit convert shader. (DX9 has an incomplete implementation, it's ps_main1 in convert.fx).

Take a look at GSTextureCache*::Read and GSDevice*::CopyOffscreen
(04-28-2010, 01:27 AM)pseudonym Wrote: Well... hmm. I can tell you that it's unlikely to just be that, for the reason that DX10 already has a 16-bit convert shader. (DX9 has an incomplete implementation, it's ps_main1 in convert.fx).

Take a look at GSTextureCache*::Read and GSDevice*::CopyOffscreen

It's funny... These two functions - GSTextureCache*::Read and GSDevice*::CopyOffscreen - are not called at all in the game... Smile

UPDATE: The bug does not seem to be related to texture formats indeed...
i want the plugin eliot
Can send me?