Shadow of the Colossus !!!
Smile 
Simply THANK YOU because with my system (Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2600 mHZ, 2 GB Ram, Radeon HD4850, Windows 7 beta, Direct X 11, PCSX2 0.9.6 beta 720) Shadow of The Colossus is really PERFECT (only a bit slow in the intro): an amazing game that I didn't know and that every pc-gamer MUST play in his life...of course with PCSX2 0.9.6 ^^

*IN-CRE-DI-BLE*

P.S: try it and post comments here Laugh

Sponsored links

Even better on a PS2 Wink

......except it even runs slow at some points on the system it was made for >.<

By the way, It runs like a slug on my system because my CPU isn't very impressive (C2D 2.1), but most other game run well with speedhacks.
How about you post your config for the emulator, and maybe some screens? I'm just curious to compare it to mine, since I can barely get 60 fps on 912x912 res.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
What config are you using? I have my C2D overclocked to 2.64GHz and SoC was running at a snail's pace for me.
Currently Playing this game too.

I'm running PCSX2 0.9.6 with Phenom II X3 720BE @ 3.4Ghz + 9600GT on Windows 7 64bit.

Work flawlessly. even thought game constantly slowdown and suffered small delay in control. It is 100% playable and i'm too impressed with the gameplay ! !. (I'd never play this game before)

I'm not at my pc yet. so i'm not sure with my config
roughly : GSDx10 on 1024x1024 (no interlace) , CPU Enable VU and MGS ,speedhack X3 with all options enabled

might post my full configuration & some screenshot tonight.

Anyway, this game, along with PCSX2, are masterpiece. Love both Laugh
hmm. heard about this game alot.. is it just hype? what kinda game is this? fighting game?
(03-13-2009, 08:30 AM)agentghost Wrote: hmm. heard about this game alot.. is it just hype? what kinda game is this? fighting game?

It's a great game by the same developer that made ICO back in 2001, and is considered its sequel, even though they aren't related story-wise.

It's action/adventure in an almost empty, but beautiful open and quite large world populated with colossi (or bosses). Essentially each colossus is a puzzle you have to solve to kill it and requires some thinking as well as acrobatics. The game is very special, there is a certain aesthetics of sadness and feeling of loneliness in it too.

Pity it doesn't run too well (speed wise) on my C2D 2.8 and Direct3D9. It's playable, but on brink, as FPS often drop to 50% of full speed and sometimes more than that. Ico runs full speed though, I guess SotC is much more heavy game for PS2 than Ico, and the emulator isn't guilty.
I can't run it at full speed with a Q6600 @ 2.8Ghz... but I did play it on the PS2 and agree that it is a fantastic game.
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8Ghz (Can't get it any higher)
nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX
4Gb DDR2 Dual-Channel RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
One thing I would like to know.

Is Shadow of the Colossus faster when playing on DirectX10 if compared with DirectX9?

I just heard that GSdx DX10 can be considerably faster than DX9 version. If it will bring like 5-10 FPS more in the game I may consider to install Vista.....
(03-14-2009, 12:39 PM)greyest Wrote: One thing I would like to know.

Is Shadow of the Colossus faster when playing on DirectX10 if compared with DirectX9?

I just heard that GSdx DX10 can be considerably faster than DX9 version. If it will bring like 5-10 FPS more in the game I may consider to install Vista.....

That's what I'm told... Unfortunately, I don't think my DirectX10 for XP worked 100% because I can't acess DirectX10 rendering mode, but I can, however, select Shader Model 3.0 as opposed to before.