Shadow of the Colossus Problems
I have a couple of problems with Shadow of Colossus. The first is that shadows are not only cast on the floor, but also between the floor and the source. This problem is gone if I use the latest beta, but is there a fix for version 0.9.6? Second, there will often be slightly transparent dark bars all along the right and bottom sides of the screens. I think it has something to do with opening up the start menu/map, but I get it other times too. Sometimes there will be huge 1-inch think bars as soon as I start at the temple.

Any tips on configuring this perfectly? With the X3 speed hack the game runs amazingly. It's very impressive.

Please, my PS2 has been broken for a long time and I'd really love to play this great game again. Smile

Sponsored links

1) You can try using the GSdx that comes with the beta in your 0.9.6 installation.

2) What kind of bars? Any screenshots?

Why do you need to use 0.9.6 anyway?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-18-2010, 01:21 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 1) You can try using the GSdx that comes with the beta in your 0.9.6 installation.

2) What kind of bars? Any screenshots?

Why do you need to use 0.9.6 anyway?

I don't, but I thought I could only get support for version 0.9.6

Screenshot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try the offset hack (add allowHacks=1 at gsdx.ini), and use a recent GSdx. You may need a w32pthreads.v4.dll file at your epsx2.exe dir for a it to be recognized. You can get it from 0.97 distribution.

I think 0.97 plays SotC pretty good. So no need for 0.96.
With a little tinkering I've found that setting the D3D internal res to 1024 x 768 instead of 1024 x 1024 solves this problem.

Some advice for anyone else trying to run this game, try using the VU speed hack instead of the EE one. It won't be as smooth, but the game doesn't go into slow motion at lower framerates.