Shadow of the Colossus (aspiring to full speed)
I now play PAL version on this machine -
C2D 2.4 overclocked to 2.8, 2gb RAM, HD3870, WinXP, Playground 1.0.395, GSdx 1.14, 1024x768, internal resolution 1024x1024, all speed hacks enabled except VU Overflow.

It's certainly playable and looks really beautiful with such internal resolution, I just love it. Loaded scenes are slow though, not critically - still playable, but I'd like a bit more speed. Seeing how good overclocking from 2.4 to 2.8 helped, I guess that upgrading from C2D 2.4 200Mhz FSB to C2D 3.0 333Mhz FSB and overclocking it to 3.5-4Ghz should make the game perfect speed-wise, and I'll be able play it without frame skip enabled with 90-100% speed.

May anyone confirm?

Sponsored links

Eh isn't it obvious? The speed increase is linear to the Ghz of your processor...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-26-2009, 01:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: The speed increase is linear to the Ghz of your processor...

It's obvious. Also, FSB speed should also pretty affect speed of the emulation I guess.

But I wanted people with really fast processors who actually tried SotC on the Playground confirm that the game plays at full speed regardless of scene.
I'm thinking about upgrade.
[email protected] - nope, not fullspeed. Battles with x3 hack and VU skip are fullspeed, but not the cutscenes.
E8*00@4+GHz anyone?
PS. Also i didnt get why sometimes i get double HDR like it was in KH2 - everything is too bright (or is it called bloom on ps2 old shaders?) using DX9 render. When I boot Vista and try DX10 render - its always ok
(01-26-2009, 04:07 AM)tenow Wrote: [email protected] - nope, not fullspeed. Battles with x3 hack and VU skip are fullspeed, but not the cutscenes.

I got major graphical artifacts with VU skip, couldn't play with it, I only use 'frame skip'. Does VU skip work ok for you? x3 hack REALLY helps, yes. Even better, as far as I can see, it doesn't bring any additional glitches, at least in this game.

Quote:PS. Also i didnt get why sometimes i get double HDR like it was in KH2 - everything is too bright (or is it called bloom on ps2 old shaders?) using DX9 render. When I boot Vista and try DX10 render - its always ok

Increase internal resolution. With 1024x1024 the brightness is normal, and game looks so much crisper. I found the internal Direct3D resolution almost didn't affect speed, at least with my videocard (HD3870).