Shadow of the Colossus - how 2 get good speed?
First of, my specs
http://imageshack.us/f/21/hpspecs.png/

Well um. Been trying to run SotC for a while, but its running fairly slow.
I would tweak the settings, but i am still fairly new at PCSX2 and don't want to take risks, especially since i just bought this laptop, been like 2 weeks.
Is it possible to play it at a good speed with these specs? If so, what settings should i tweak? Using PCSX2 0.9.8 btw.

Sponsored links

Quote:Score:3 of 4
Minumum Req. TongueASS
C2D or AMD x2~ at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
Recommended Req. TongueASS
For i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz(Except P4,PDC,C2D,C2Q,i3),For AMD x2,x4,x6(Phenom only) at 4.0Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum Req. :FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
Priority Req. TongueASS
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD without X,athlon 64,Turion,Celpron,486,586,Intel-Atom,Intel-Centrino,Intel-Celeron,Intel-Core-Solo,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement..

SOTC is a overkill CPU and GPU demanding you need to pass the "Maximum" requirement status but you only pass up to the "Recommended"
but still you can still play that game by fair speed.....otherwise set your power plan to "High Perfomance" to boost up a bit...
there is also a risk is the laptop temperatures you must also monitor that too.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
welp, guess i will have to give up on this one then. Until i get a new PC, however long that may be >>;
While i am at it, what about Final Fantasy XII, can this run that at least on maximum?
FF12 is not a overkill CPU/GPU demanding thus it can run at recommended status.
your current laptop from your 1st post shall do it.
Good to know that, been really looking forward to playing it ever since first hearing about it, which was back in 2007 or something haha.
Will it run at a good speed though? Just thought i would confirm once more.
(12-21-2011, 04:16 PM)eclipsezero Wrote: Good to know that, been really looking forward to playing it ever since first hearing about it, which was back in 2007 or something haha.
Will it run at a good speed though? Just thought i would confirm once more.

WWE games let me see i have only "Here comes the pain"
i got perfect speeds on (one on one) and (two by two[TAG TEAM])
but i got slowdown on 6 men..tag or tornado.
my pc specs see my siggy below.
Software generally cannot brake the PC. The OS and firmware are responsible for protecting the hardware.

First check all checkboxes except for CDVD hack. Then use VU Cycle Stealing level 2 or 3 if neccessary. Finally, use Windows Task Manager to set processor affinity, to make PCSX2 runs on only 2 cores. That will increase the effectiveness of the TurboBoost feature.

Edit: Only use the my recommendations above for Shadow of the Colossus. Switch back to default settings without speedhacks in Final Fantasy 12. The game will runs fine on your PC.