07-04-2010, 07:29 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2010, 07:31 AM by Frack.)
As the thread name says I can't play the game properly as it runs at around 20fps with halved speed. I'd like to know if it's just me or the game itself is still weighs too much on actual GPUs.
My PC runs on Win7 Ultimate x64
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz
MoBo: ASUS P5QL-E
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 896 MB
Memory: Corsair 2x2 GB 5-5-5-15 1066 MHz
Thanks in advance.
07-04-2010, 08:35 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2010, 09:21 AM by avih.)
- Use PCSX2 0.97.3113
- Configure GSdx to x2 resolution
- Enable the offset hack in GSdx (search for instructions)
- Enable recommended speed hacks, set EE Cycle rate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1.
- Leave the rest of the options at default.
This should get you at least close enough with your system. Continue tweaking from there if needed.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel
Do not set EE Cycle rate to 2, leave it disabled... Use VU Cycle stealing = 2 instead... It should give you 60+ fps mostly all the time... (I have E6550 @ 3.05GHz here)
EE Cycle rate may give you high framerate (90-100fps with EE Cycle Rate = 3), but it may cause crashes and hangs, and corrupted savestates, better not to use that...
Your graphics card may let you use x3 resolution without noticeable slowdown...
EE2 and VU 1 works best for me (2.2 dc) running with VU2 causes more problems than it's worth most of the time
1. Don't know for that hack
2. They are in emulation settings and then speedhacks
3. Mainly yes,It really improves fps.Not too much. FMV movies sound bad with EE cycle on 3,so put it on 2.VU cycle also helps but I usualy put it to 1 or 2 as it makes fmv visuals flickering.
Is it's point to speed up or fix grafics?
both, alpha hack should improve speed on smoke scene and offset and skipdraw hack may fix bad graphic.