Shadow of the Colossus running very slow
As the thread name says I can't play the game properly as it runs at around 20fps with halved speed. I'd like to know if it's just me or the game itself is still weighs too much on actual GPUs.
My PC runs on Win7 Ultimate x64
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz
MoBo: ASUS P5QL-E
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 896 MB
Memory: Corsair 2x2 GB 5-5-5-15 1066 MHz
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

- Use PCSX2 0.97.3113
- Configure GSdx to x2 resolution
- Enable the offset hack in GSdx (search for instructions)
- Enable recommended speed hacks, set EE Cycle rate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1.
- Leave the rest of the options at default.

This should get you at least close enough with your system. Continue tweaking from there if needed.
Do not set EE Cycle rate to 2, leave it disabled... Use VU Cycle stealing = 2 instead... It should give you 60+ fps mostly all the time... (I have E6550 @ 3.05GHz here)
EE Cycle rate may give you high framerate (90-100fps with EE Cycle Rate = 3), but it may cause crashes and hangs, and corrupted savestates, better not to use that...
Your graphics card may let you use x3 resolution without noticeable slowdown...
EE2 and VU 1 works best for me (2.2 dc) running with VU2 causes more problems than it's worth most of the time
hi there, i have the same problem and now some questions about the answersHappy :
1.how do i enable the offset hack in GSdx? i have searched in the forum and read something about manually adding the line "allowhacks=1" in the GSdx.ini. is that the way you enable it?

2. how do i change the EE Cycle rate and the VU Cycle stealing? do i have to enable the offset hack at first? and do i have to add some command lines in the GSdx.ini too?

3. what makes the EE Cycle/VU Cycle? i mean if it gives you so much fps+ then it must be something significant, or?Huh

thx for your help Smile
1. Don't know for that hack
2. They are in emulation settings and then speedhacks
3. Mainly yes,It really improves fps.Not too much. FMV movies sound bad with EE cycle on 3,so put it on 2.VU cycle also helps but I usualy put it to 1 or 2 as it makes fmv visuals flickering.
(07-09-2010, 03:32 PM)Triver Wrote: hi there, i have the same problem and now some questions about the answersHappy :
1.how do i enable the offset hack in GSdx? i have searched in the forum and read something about manually adding the line "allowhacks=1" in the GSdx.ini. is that the way you enable it?

Yes, try it and the option should pop up under the gsdx plugin menu.
Is it's point to speed up or fix grafics?
both, alpha hack should improve speed on smoke scene and offset and skipdraw hack may fix bad graphic.

cmiiw
wow now that improves the fps very much for me (alpha and offset hack on and EE and VU Cycle on 2). in the menu i had 16-18fps before, now i have 40-42fps. bad graphics now and its still jerking but with 18fps it was unacceptable. thx Tongue