Shadow of the colossus
So i'm trying to play shadow of the colossus (only game i've tried so far) and the fps is really slow, within 30 seconds of the game starting and playing it drops from 60fps to around 10fps

i've looked up fixes and such and most of them say something about Gsdx and i've looked everywhere and cant find it.

what do i do to play this game? i really want too :\ my copy is so scratched up it wont play on my real ps2 Sad

Sponsored links

the start of the game is a bit of a long cutscene, and i've been letting it play for a bit longer than before now and about 2 minutes into it, it drops to 1-4fps.
Shadow of the colossus is very demanding game.
Post your pc specs and the pcsx2 settings.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
let it play past the entire first cutscene. my god it took awhile. main menu is running 8-12fps.

macbook pro mid 2009. 10.8.3 mountain lion. most current pcsx2 release.
only thing i'm not using default is: ee & vu @ 2 and one of the first few game fixs on the graphics configuring.

.iso
ee & vu are unreliable, I recommend turning the EE speedhack down to 1 again. As for VU I heard that shadow of the colossus loves VU 2. Also do not apply manual game fixes, they usually get applied when pcsx2 sees which game it is.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
Yeah no way that will work even remotely well with the Mac alpha port. GSdx is for windows only
[Image: newsig.jpg]
meh so no chance on me playing shadow of the colossus?
how about any of my other games-
jak and daxter, jak 2, jak 3, jak combat racing, ratchet and clank -not sure which 1- kh1, kh2, kh chain of memories, ff dirge of cerberus
Kingdom Hearts maybe, but both jak and ratchet and clank series have various bugs under PCSX2.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
gah qq, the games i was looking forward to the most i can't play.
well wait. by various bugs do you mean unplayable or just like graphical?