Shadow of the colossus config help.
I'm attempting to run Shadow of the Colossus in a better quality, but I'm not sure about the proper configuration settings and if my computer will be able to play it in high quality. It runs the game pretty well considering it's running on a $700 Toshiba craptop. I know i need to mess with the settings more because the game is still having some framerate and graphics issues when i'm in water. The game also is a little choppy, but it is a lot better than the default stock settings.

Here are my specs...
BIOS: USA v02.20(10/02/2006)

Plugins:
GS: GSdx 5727 (MSVC 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.16
SPU2: SPU2-X r5731 2.0.0
CDVD: cdvdGigahertz (r6592) 0.8.0
USB: USBNull Driver r5684 0.7.0
FW: FWnull Driver r5684 0.7.0
DEV9: DEV9null Driver r5684 0.5.0

Video Plugin Settings:
Adapter: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Renderer: Direct3D11(Hardware)
Interlacing: None
D3D Internal Resolution: Custom, 1024x768
Hardware Mode Settings: Texture filtering(Check, not block)
Hacks configuration: Half-Pixel offset

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite notebook and is running off of an i5 260Ghz processor with an Intel HD 4000 graphics card. I looked online to see if my processor is compatible with the most up-to-date PCSX2 SVN updates, and it is completely capable to run the program at higher quality standards.

Are my settings optimum for playing Shadow of the Colossus in high definition quality for my PC? If anyone can provide some better configuration settings, that would be very much appreciated!

Screenshots of what the game looks like on my PC...

Sponsored links

with that weak gpu, that's probably the best you'll get considering shadow of the colossus is quite demanding
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-21-2013, 10:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: with that weak gpu, that's probably the best you'll get considering shadow of the colossus is quite demanding

Thank you for your input.
SotC is a beast. I believe it only runs at 30 fps on the PS2. Someone correct me if I am wrong. If it does force set pcsx2 to run at 30 fps. Also like the 2nd poster said. video card is kind of weak.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

This game loves the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack, i suggest putting that up 2 notches, that should give you some room to play with other settings
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Is there any way to smooth gameplay? with VU Cycle Stealing really choppy on my pc
(09-25-2013, 06:16 PM)Jack.Recher69 Wrote: Is there any way to smooth gameplay? with VU Cycle Stealing really choppy on my pc

get a decent PC ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
If its choppy, you turned it up way too far
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]