Shadow of the colossus running at 13% speed
for some reason I cannot get shadow of Colossus to run properly. I went through some of the older forums I did not find anything that worked. Kingdom Hearts runs like a champ, maybe it's a hardware issue? My specs are:
Windows 10, 64 bit
4 gb ram
500 gb hdd
Intel core i5 cpu. M 460. 2.53 ghz

Sponsored links

Put the VU slider on the speedhacks section up a notch or two, that will significantly boost your framerate Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Quote:for some reason I cannot get shadow of Colossus to run properly. I went through some of the older forums I did not find anything that worked. Kingdom Hearts runs like a champ, maybe it's a hardware issue? My specs are:
Windows 10, 64 bit
4 gb ram
500 gb hdd
Intel core i5 cpu. M 460. 2.53 ghz

(11-16-2016, 07:49 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
Thank You.

On the other hand, I do recommend Refraction's suggestion as VU cycle stealing increments the current clock cycles of the EE whenever a vector unit micro program is run, this causes a slight increase in performance due to the perceived skip in EE clock events but might also cause some unnatural skips/laggy speeds here and there due to the haphazard cycle increments at some scenarios. More importantly, I've heard that VU cycle stealing is more effective on games like Shadow of the colossus as they do strange things with the vector units but honestly, I have no clue about those strange things.

Also according to Jesalvein, it seems that MTVU hack slows down the following game so I'd also suggest to disable it if you have the hack enabled.

Most importantly, your processor only seems to have a single thread performance of 1069, so I rather doubt it could handle a demanding game like Shadow of the colossus even with speedhacks.
(11-18-2016, 07:47 PM)ssakash Wrote: I have no clue about those strange things.
The problem is the game tries to process as much as it can every vsync, but because our vector units have very little in the way of timing, they are done in what seems like an instant, the VU slider adds cycles to this, kind of (but not in a good way). The better way is to fix the timing in the VIF code, but it slows down most other games, so it is left with none (incidentally, that vif code fixes Shadowman 2 second coming graphics Tongue)

(11-18-2016, 07:47 PM)ssakash Wrote: Also according to Jesalvein, it seems that MTVU hack slows down the following game so I'd also suggest to disable it if you have the hack enabled.

Just to counter this, I have personally never experienced performance degradation from the MTVU speedhack, it actually improved speed for me, so it is probably situational.

1k stp even gona cut it for that game ? even with using hacks last i check that is demanding game no?
It will be slowish, but might manage 40-50ish fps with hacks.