Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne problem
Okay so the problem is that I cant stop the screen from shaking i tried all the interlace modes but it doesnt help uhm well actually at some point one worked for a while but then it started shaking again and none helped. I got also quite low fps at some points but well im used to that ... anyway i tried using direct3d9 and direct3d10 not sure which one is better though ... both in hardware modes software is too awful =/ So if anyone knows the solution to the shaking and/or could share his settings for SMTN that worked very well I would be really grateful.
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram

Sponsored links

pcsx2 settings, screenshots? computer specs ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
uhm okay didnt think it will be needed this time but here goes

PC :

Quad core 2.4 ghz
2 gb ddr2 800 mhz
gf 8600gts 256mb/256bit

as for pcsx2 settings i tried many and i change them all the time to find some solution so dunno what i should write... I read in some other post that i should set in advanced EE rec round nearest and clamp full + vu rec clamp extra preserve sign. I use gsdx sse2 and 3 tried both dx9 and 10 tho i think dx9 works better in this case or maybe its just hard to notice ... uhm what else important ah speed hacks tried the 1.5x and 2x alone and with all the other speedhacks but it works best with 2x and vu cycle stealing moderate or large.
In cpu options i got the microvu0 and 1 on but im not really sure what it does >_< and in graphic options i dont know what does the allow 8-bit textures and enable output merger blur effect do. That should be it I guess.
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
what version of pcsx2 are u using, have u tried the latest beta r1888 yet ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
I got 1888 and even newer one 2186
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
The shakes occur only once in a while(in software and hardware mode), and I think it is not very noticable. Using dx10 hardware mode with no speed hacks, setting interlacing to blend bff seems to minimize the shaking, at least for the first 5 mins or so. I also noticed that speedhacks increase the shaking somewhat in the game when I tried, so if you have to turn them on, you will have to live with the shakes.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
uhm okay but anyone got any idea what settings give best speed up for SMTN ?
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
(03-11-2010, 05:37 PM)Envy Wrote: uhm okay but anyone got any idea what settings give best speed up for SMTN ?

I can run the game at full speed without speedhacks. To get the best speed, you must try it yourself because some others' best settings may not be suitable for you. In this case, my best setting is default and no speedhacks, and I doubt you will get good speed with such settings.

To find out a good setting that suits your pc for this game, frist you should change your setting in advanced option back to default, and then you can start trying out the speed hacks one at a time to see the difference. The less speed hacks you use the better.

Note that your cpu is the main factor that limits you from getting good speed, so another way to boost your speed is to overclock your cpu. However, you probably are using the stock HFS, so I don't recommand the overclock option unless you are willing to change a better HFS.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(03-11-2010, 01:33 PM)Envy Wrote: [...]
clamp full + vu rec clamp extra preserve sign.
[...]

Setting both to "None" should grant you a nice speedup. But this might break your game, so be aware.

I use gsdx sse2 and 3 tried both dx9 and 10 tho i think dx9 works better in this case or maybe its just hard to notice
[...]

Generally DirectX 10 is better, since faster and more compatible. I don't know if this also aplies for this game, but usually this is the case.

vu cycle stealing moderate or large.
[...]

Be aware that this might (or will, at least for me Tongue2) lead to a false fps reading. If it goes after the fps reading with this enabled, I always have fullspeed, even if a game is running in a slowmotion which is just cruel to look at.

In cpu options i got the microvu0 and 1 on but im not really sure what it does >_<
[...]

This improves the compatibility, but costs speed. It'd recommend to use SuperVU (you just have to deactivate MicroVU to enable it) and see if your game works fine with it. If no, your better off with MicroVU, but generally SuperVU is faster.

And regarding speed hacks, do what CKL told you, it's the best way to handle them.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
I know about the false fps but still even tho its not running as fast as it shows it runs faster than without it Ill try the other things tho oh and another question whats better SSE2 or SSE3? ah and im not sure what is better or what even scaling does cause its either x1 and d3d internal res or scaling right? I got set it on x4 atm but not sure what it does atleast it looks good not as awful as with native . Woooooooooo did the clamp settings to none and turned off microvu + switched to sse3 and got huuuuuuuge speed up there are still moments that drop quite drastically but earlier walking lagged most of the time now its like 150% speed fights as well but some spells especially when cast on multiple enemies kill the fps xd Anyway thx everyone for your help.
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram