Shinobido way of the ninja input lag?
Hello. I will try to be clear with this problem, because I have seen a lot of threads that have already discussed this.

The problem: Shinobido way of the ninja runs perfectly as far as I can tell, there is no gameplay lag at all. The only problem is about half a second or a little more of controller lag, it really does make playing an action game sort of frustrating, can't really play it like this.

Things I've ruled out: It is not vsync, vsync has been disabled and always has been. Speedhacks are only recommended, and both bars are at the left most settings. I've disabled all speedhacks just to try it, it runs the same and has the same input lag. I'm using motioninjoy, but it doesn't have anything to do with pad plugins or motioninjoy, because I set the input to my pc keyboard and the timing is exactly the same, it still has the same input lag this way.

My cpu is intel core i5-3570 @ 3.40GHz 3.80GHZ, my pc runs any other games I play fine. I installed the latest pcsx2 version, and it runs it the same, with the same input lag. using native res, I haven't changed any graphics settings. nothing is enabled but native and 'texture filtering' is not checked, but is colored in.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help.

Sponsored links

Motioninjoy has spyware, whether it's causing the lag or not you should get rid of it and use the SC drivers.

Anyhow, what's your controller set up like? What monitor are you using?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-09-2014, 07:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Motioninjoy has spyware, whether it's causing the lag or not you should get rid of it and use the SC drivers.

Anyhow, what's your controller set up like? What monitor are you using?

thanks for the response. SC drivers? is that an alternative for the six axis? My monitor is... a moderately large LG flatscreen monitor, it runs everything else fine, I didn't know that monitors could have anything to do with this.

also, what do you mean what's my controller set up like? lilypad svn r5822 was the plug in I was using. As I said before though, it happens with a keyboard also, the lag is identical.
I meant what controller are you using specifically.

A monitor can cause input lag, yes. Anything in the "pipeline" can so to speak. That means the monitor, the controller, the emulator itself, the game itself, the plugins, and in rhythm games the audio card and speakers. For instance if the image on the monitor is delayed by some time, then it takes that amount of delay for your actions to appear on screen. You then compensate by delaying your own actions until you see your character move or attack or whatever, and there you have some input lag.

These are the drivers we recommend to use with DualShock 3 devices/six axis device. It works better than motioninjoy and it's spyware free. I use them and they have a very quick response time. I'm not saying that motioninjoy is causing the lag, but I know that I don't have lag with the SC input wrapper drivers, so that's somewhere to start.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-10-2014, 08:26 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I meant what controller are you using specifically.

A monitor can cause input lag, yes. Anything in the "pipeline" can so to speak. That means the monitor, the controller, the emulator itself, the game itself, the plugins, and in rhythm games the audio card and speakers. For instance if the image on the monitor is delayed by some time, then it takes that amount of delay for your actions to appear on screen. You then compensate by delaying your own actions until you see your character move or attack or whatever, and there you have some input lag.

These are the drivers we recommend to use with DualShock 3 devices/six axis device. It works better than motioninjoy and it's spyware free. I use them and they have a very quick response time. I'm not saying that motioninjoy is causing the lag, but I know that I don't have lag with the SC input wrapper drivers, so that's somewhere to start.

I see. Thanks for the link and stuff. I can't seem to get this to work, I apologize, I'm not hugely pc savy ..I followed the instructions to install it and it still won't work. I looked through the topic and there's a lot I don't think I understand.. but I'm glad to get motioninjoy off my computer after looking it up. Is there something I do to actually start the sc driver? it comes with scserver, but it won't recognize the pad being plugged in? Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
(04-11-2014, 03:17 AM)kj476 Wrote: I see. Thanks for the link and stuff. I can't seem to get this to work, I apologize, I'm not hugely pc savy ..I followed the instructions to install it and it still won't work. I looked through the topic and there's a lot I don't think I understand.. but I'm glad to get motioninjoy off my computer after looking it up. Is there something I do to actually start the sc driver? it comes with scserver, but it won't recognize the pad being plugged in? Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

As I recall, once you copy the drivers to the appropriate place, you go there and start SCPdriver.exe and install the driver that way.

Don't forget to install the Microsoft Xbox360 controller drivers first! You have to do that, as the driver works by wrapping the PS3 buttons to a virtual X360 controller. This must be done before starting SCPDriver.exe and doing that.

I think you also have to restart your PC after the SCP Driver stuff. If you need help, you can always post in the thread. But following the instructions in the first post of that thread step by step should do the trick. You only have to run SCPDriver.exe one time, as after that it has installed and registered the service with windows.
(04-11-2014, 05:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: As I recall, once you copy the drivers to the appropriate place, you go there and start SCPdriver.exe and install the driver that way.

Don't forget to install the Microsoft Xbox360 controller drivers first! You have to do that, as the driver works by wrapping the PS3 buttons to a virtual X360 controller. This must be done before starting SCPDriver.exe and doing that.

I think you also have to restart your PC after the SCP Driver stuff. If you need help, you can always post in the thread. But following the instructions in the first post of that thread step by step should do the trick. You only have to run SCPDriver.exe one time, as after that it has installed and registered the service with windows.

Well, to start, the game still lags the same but.. The SC drivers work great! Thanks so much for telling me about this, after reading about motioninjoy I'm glad to have it off my computer, and to have a really nice alternative. It works awesome, thanks a lot! The 360 drivers were what I was missing.

Anyways though, shinobido still has slight input lag, I'm going to just start messing with settings I haven't tried before and see if something comes up.

One thing I wanted to point out is, the game actually will not run from boot normal, it will only run from boot fast. bootnormal just brings the ps2 browser up, and you can endlessly select the disc, it just reloads the browser instead of playing the game. but bootfast just starts the game .. Don't know if that's normal.

Any other ideas? Again, thanks for explaining the sc drivers, I'm glad to get it working.
I don't have the game but hmmm. Some games do require boot full, but I don't know of any that require boot fast. Although it's definitely possible that some do.

Are you playing from an ISO or the DVD? If you are playing from the disc, definitely make an ISO with Imgburn. Playing from the disc could be causing lag for sure.

And no problem, the SC drivers are the best. I never used motioninjoy, but I do know it has spyware and calls home a lot. As for it's actually performance, I can't say.
(04-11-2014, 06:40 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I don't have the game but hmmm. Some games do require boot full, but I don't know of any that require boot fast. Although it's definitely possible that some do.

Are you playing from an ISO or the DVD? If you are playing from the disc, definitely make an ISO with Imgburn. Playing from the disc could be causing lag for sure.

And no problem, the SC drivers are the best. I never used motioninjoy, but I do know it has spyware and calls home a lot. As for it's actually performance, I can't say.

I'm playing off an iso. Anyways, I really don't think it's a hardware issue as my friend has this game working but she's got a really old laptop that's apparently running it fine.. I wanted to ask about this though . . . this is what the log is saying when the game is running:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SCES_539.31;1) Game CRC = 0x96CE136B, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SCES_539.31;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps

is it supposed to switch back and forth like that? Also, I have vsync off, as suggested by other posts that I've read about input lag. Does this look normal? Also the game still opens but this happened in the log as well:

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll

sorry for the huge post. The game still opens and closes fine (just with input lag) while the log is doing this. Is this like a directory related error or something? Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, I appreciate any help.
sorry for a double post but at this point I'm almost certain this is a vsync problem of some kind. First of all, my monitor's refresh rate is 60hz, and it won't go beyond that (without risk of damage to the hardware), so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

But the main thing I've noticed is, even when I turn vsync off completely not just in pcsx2 but also through the control center for my graphics card, the pcsx2 log still has updatevsyncrate changing the mode back and forth to ntsc and then back to PAL a bunch of times as the game is starting.

What also makes it seem like a vsync problem and not a problem running the game, is there's virtually no in game lag where everything slows down and it looks like there's basically 0 loss of frame rate even though it says it may dip to 47 ish at times, then go right back up to 50 (for a PAL game). It seems to run the game perfectly, even with 0 speedhacks enabled it does the same thing, but the input delay is still there.

Is there anything that is known to mess with vsync like this? or is it possible my computer is overemulating this game or something? I've read in other threads about machines that can run games too fast and end up with problems that other machines wouldn't normally have. It's a strange problem. Sorry for the double post again, it seems like this is a rare problem that not many people seem to know about.