Should I go with Intel or AMD?
(08-02-2010, 04:21 AM)diegochiha Wrote: @ Dangerousd777

OMG you are really proud of that game running somewhat fine for you Tongue,i think you will probably post that youtube video at every chance you got lol

@ tsunderetaiga

Id say i5 obviously,beacuse its faster that the amd

Hahaha, this guy. Laugh

Everyone else is basically like "grr... stop spammin', punk".

At least that's what I *could* interpret in my mind from the stern connotation. Rolleyes
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin

Sponsored links

(08-01-2010, 11:03 PM)JTD Wrote: I currently have an Athlon II x2 240 (OC to 3.5) GHz and I'm dissatisfied with it's performance. (full specks in profile, click on my avatar)
Let me give you an example.

While playing Dragon Quest 8 (NTSC), I can't enable vsync to remove the on screen tearing of the images when i pan the camera around.

This is because I frequently get dips in fps below 60 FPS (to as low as 53 FPS), and if v-sync is enabled when that happens, framerate will drop to the 30's.

In other words, so long as i stand still, or walk in a straight line, with v-sync enabled, the game looks great. Also, battles are smooth.

If screen tearing doesn't bother you at all, then go with AMD.
However, if it bothers you, then go with intel.

AFAIK Tearing is solely the result of your FPS being higher than your monitor refresh rate. Vsync just locks the FPS to that refresh rate. E.g you have a 60Hz monitor and your game runs normally with 100 FPS, it is locked to 60. However I already heard that Vsync causes FPS problems. If your monitor has a higher refresh rate than 60Hz then running a NTSC PS2 game with native speed (60FPS) should not result in tearing. Also, tearing has nothing to do with the CPU.

In addition, I have the same CPU and it offers great bang for the buck, especially overclocked Laugh
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU