Should I start with Persona 3 or 4?
Which one?

Sponsored links

none.

its better that way, believe me.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
I say 4, and if you like it lots then go for 3 + FES.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(02-12-2013, 11:31 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: none.

its better that way, believe me.

there is some truth there.

shin megami tensei games are all excellent in my opinion...unique style and great story and gameplay.

but goddamn,they're so infuriating and very angst inducing...do you go to football practice?
maybe meet up with friends?
don't forget you still have 5 days to rescue whoever needs rescuing,so you need to level up as well!
and you also need to fuse demons together on certain days to get the best results!

there are so many choices and activities but the game only lets you do 1 thing at a time...
I wouldn't recommend it to those that have trouble making decisions Tongue2

not to mention it's bloody difficult
I've only played persona 4 and the ds versions but I guess persona 3 must be the same deal
I would say play Persona 3 FES first, since this story happens 2 years before Persona 4.
(02-13-2013, 12:39 AM)raziel4635 Wrote: there is some truth there.

shin megami tensei games are all excellent in my opinion...unique style and great story and gameplay.

but goddamn,they're so infuriating and very angst inducing...do you go to football practice?
maybe meet up with friends?
don't forget you still have 5 days to rescue whoever needs rescuing,so you need to level up as well!
and you also need to fuse demons together on certain days to get the best results!

there are so many choices and activities but the game only lets you do 1 thing at a time...
I wouldn't recommend it to those that have trouble making decisions Tongue2

not to mention it's bloody difficult
I've only played persona 4 and the ds versions but I guess persona 3 must be the same deal

well my point was actually that if you start with a persona game you probably are better off if you dont play it because it is so damn addicting.

to answer the op question, persona 3 is the way to go.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
Even though i believe persona 4 is superior in every way, persona 3 is the best one to start with, it's got a little more darker mood.
I kind of want to start with 4 but I guess I should start with 3 :/
Why not both?
I have like, 5-10 games on my backlog which I rotate. When you get bored of either, just play the other.
that might be true, but chronological order would be Persona 3 FES The Journey > Persona 3 FES The Answer > Persona 4 (Golden)> Persona 4 Arena (PS3/Perhaps 360)