Should i roll back the version?
So the point is, i just tested a Persona 4 game using the latest emulator. I played the game like 2 years ago on a different version of an emulator( dont remember which) and the problem is that i feel like whilst using pretty much the same config as i did back before i at some laggy points of the game have lower FPS than i did before. I am just curious, does this mean that the latest version of my emulator might not be fully compatible with some of the games or specific versions of PCSX2 actually do work better with certain games?

Just so you know, i had this PC 2 years ago and nothing changed about it
AMD Athlon X2 250 3.00 Ghz
Geforce GT 630
RAM of 6 gb
Windows 7 64-bit

Now i do realize i ain't exactly using a rocket here but back before with some speedhack tweaks i would manage to play my Persona 4 at 40-60 FPS at 2x resolution with no HW hacks.

So what might be the issue here? Is it actually the latest version itself or maybe the new forced plugins not really working that well for my game? Appreciate all the answers, guys Smile

p.s. Off topic, why is it that racing games like Burnout Revenge, for instance, run incredibly slow on my rig? Whilst in an actual race i am pushing only 30 fps max and that's with the most minimal settings and native resolution(in fact, 2x or 3x resolution has no impact on the performance whatsoever, the FPS stays the same at all settings). Again, what might be the issue here? Plugins or just my rig?

Sponsored links

The emulator is more accurate now, but that also means more demanding.

Your CPU is quite slow for PCSX2, a single thread rate of 1600 is recommended, but yours only manages 1012.
(05-16-2016, 09:01 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The emulator is more accurate now, but that also means more demanding.

Your CPU is quite slow for PCSX2, a single thread rate of 1600 is recommended, but yours only manages 1012.

So what you are saying is that my rig is really bad to handle big heavy games like Burnout 2/3? Btw if this is of any help, with my rig i managed to handle FF12 at 40+ FPS on 2x resolution but all of the racing games are running extremely bad.
(05-17-2016, 11:46 AM)NFS Dopey Wrote: So what you are saying is that my rig is really bad to handle big heavy games like Burnout 2/3? Btw if this is of any help, with my rig i managed to handle FF12 at 40+ FPS on 2x resolution but all of the racing games are running extremely bad.

yes, FFXII is'nt very demanding in low resolutions most of the time.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-17-2016, 11:46 AM)NFS Dopey Wrote: So what you are saying is that my rig is really bad to handle big heavy games like Burnout 2/3? Btw if this is of any help, with my rig i managed to handle FF12 at 40+ FPS on 2x resolution but all of the racing games are running extremely bad.
You can improve performance some by setting the EE and VU silders of the (Config > Emulation Settings) speedhacks tab higher. You might get decent speeds on Burnout 2, Burnout 3 is probably too demanding.