Should o oc cpu/gpu to get better fps?
Hey
I am trying to run xenogears, using the speed hack i get fps around 40 in game. I would think thats more than enough but the game runs slow. I have the res at 1360 768 would oc the cpu help? i have a phenom x3 2.1 ghz with geforce 9800 gt and uses 60% of the cpu so idk if it will change anything if i oc maybe oc the gpu?
Got the game for ps2, but looks so much better on pcsx2.
thxs

Sponsored links

dont you mean xenosaga? xenogears is for ps1 Tongue

what kind of phenom do you have? a laptop by chance?
1) Xenogears is a PSX game, PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator so you probably mean Xenosaga if you are using it on PCSX2.
2) If you mean Xenosaga Episode I, it is a demanding game and you have a slow CPU so there's not much you can do about it other than trying some speedhacks.
3) Overclocking the CPU would be best for you, the GPU won't make much of a difference, however as far as I know that CPU doesn't overclock much.

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers say when you get the slowdowns?

Try the latest beta if you aren't already:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
lol yeah i mean xenosaga its a phenum I x3 8450e i oc to 2268 ghz any higher i would need to change the voltage and don't want to do it just yet, its a new cpu and no its not a laptop
as for the config pretty much left it as default, only thing change was the graphics made it dx 10 hardware and made res 1368
and than just enable speed hack which helped. Before i got 30 fps now it jumps around from like 42-65
ee is around 90% gs% 65% also the main character i control i see like lines i am guessing it has to do with shadow but see black lines from like the hand going to the floor where the shadow is. Is that normal?
and yeah i am using the beta one. Well its still seems playable, just weird that 40 fps makes the game slow while the pc game would be just fine

Thanks
dont be afraid to raise voltage, as long as its within manufacturers maximum allowed limit it wont hurt your cpu, people who do extreme overclocks go over maximum recommended voltage and cpus still hold up most of the time as long as at stock vcore, ive read that with aftermarket air cooler which is a must for any decent overclock your cpu can be overclocked to 2.8-2.9Ghz, that would definitely give you performance boost
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
cool ill look into that yeah already good aftermarket heat sink