Silent Hill 2 and general pcsx2 questions
So I started playing Silent Hill 2. I was running it on hardware dx11 mode and noticed that the fmvs were messed up. I found out that they work on software mode. They do. I also heard that there's a key to toggle between hardware and software. What is that key?

Also, when running the intro cutscene that plays in the main menu, the initial dialogue between james and maria plays, but all the other voices during the scene are silent. It's just the music. All the sound settings are default.

I first downloaded pcsx2 yesterday, and started shadow of the colossus. It ran very well around 60fps. Today, When I booted SOTC again, and started Silent Hill 2, I don't get past 6 frames. I didn't change any settings. I did change to an older nvidia driver, but when I changed back, pcsx2 still would run at 6fps.

I get around this by checking to disable the frame limiter, and then use dxtory to limit frames to 60 on that. But this may not be ideal.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored links

Quote:So I started playing Silent Hill 2. I was running it on hardware dx11 mode and noticed that the fmvs were messed up. I found out that they work on software mode. They do. I also heard that there's a key to toggle between hardware and software. What is that key?

F9

Quote:I first downloaded pcsx2 yesterday, and started shadow of the colossus. It ran very well around 60fps. Today, When I booted SOTC again, and started Silent Hill 2, I don't get past 6 frames. I didn't change any settings. I did change to an older nvidia driver, but when I changed back, pcsx2 still would run at 6fps.

I get around this by checking to disable the frame limiter, and then use dxtory to limit frames to 60 on that. But this may not be ideal.

Thanks for the help.

What is your cpu, gpu, and plugin settings? Also make sure your cooling is adequate and that your BIOS has Cool n' Quiet (if it's AMD, Intel may have something similar) disabled.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-29-2013, 01:47 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: F9

What is your cpu, gpu, and plugin settings? Also make sure your cooling is adequate and that your BIOS has Cool n' Quiet (if it's AMD, Intel may have something similar) disabled.

CPU - i5 3470 3.2 ghz
GPU - Geforce gtx 660 sc

Plugins

GS - GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, AVX) 1.1.16 [gsdx32-r5350]
Lilypad
SPU2 - SPU2-X r5324 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5350

Base framerate adjust 100%
slow motion adjust - 50%
turbo adjust - 250%
Another question I forgot to ask. The text and hud looks low res. Even with everything else working at 4x native res. For both games
(06-29-2013, 02:12 AM)dammets Wrote: Another question I forgot to ask. The text and hud looks low res. Even with everything else working at 4x native res. For both games

Some stuffs in game do not rescale how ever you can use MSAA And FXAA to bump it up Smile

MSAA : GSDX > Enable Hardware hacks - Configure > chose multilayer for MSAA

FXAA : press pageup durnning game play Smile
(06-29-2013, 02:34 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: Some stuffs in game do not rescale how ever you can use MSAA And FXAA to bump it up Smile

MSAA : GSDX > Enable Hardware hacks - Configure > chose multilayer for MSAA

FXAA : press pageup durnning game play Smile

MSAA won't effect HUDS and other 2D elements.

You want to enable texture filtering (check, not greyed) in the GSDX menu. It can cause minor issues (misalignment is the biggest one). That's about the best you'll get simply because 2D elements can't be "scaled" like 3D elements can.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-29-2013, 02:44 AM)Koji Wrote: MSAA won't effect HUDS and other 2D elements.

You want to enable texture filtering (check, not greyed) in the GSDX menu. It can cause minor issues (misalignment is the biggest one). That's about the best you'll get simply because 2D elements can't be "scaled" like 3D elements can.

hmm good to know ... ( i thought all AA effect 2D elements Smile )